Kenora District Services Board is hiring an Early Learning and Care Intern (Sioux Lookout)! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Competition #EY 23-69
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire one (1) Temporary Full-Time Early Learning and Care Intern located in Sioux Lookout, Ontario to join our Early Years team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Inclusion Quality Assurance and Training Coordinator, the Early Learning and Care Intern is responsible for providing specialized services for a child along with additional support to the program, including to inform the development of Policies and Directives that support Inclusive Programming.
Employer Name: Kenora District Services Board
City: Sioux Lookout
Postal Code: P8T 1B1
Application Deadline: December 11th, 2023
Hours of Work: Temporary, Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: Along with optional participation in the OMERS pension plan, we offer an hourly wage of $28.21 - $31.75 (wage based on education and experience).
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Works collaboratively with the Inclusion Quality Assurance and Training Coordinator, Early Years Quality Assurance Coordinator, Resource Consultant, Registered Early Childhood Educator In-Charge and Early Childhood Educators to ensure the licensing and program requirements are established and followed to support a child in the program with specialized needs.
- Supports the individual needs of the identified child within the early learning and care programs.
- Maintains and promotes an inclusive philosophy, ultimately ensuring the child’s safety and safety of those in the program.
- Ensures ongoing communication with the parents/caregivers and responds to parent/caregiver questions and concerns about the child’s daily activities and behaviour. Refers major concerns and problems to the Inclusion Quality Assurance and Training Coordinator or designate.
- Follows the Individual Support Plan and the recommendations of external partners as established by the Resource Consultant or designate.
- Participates in all aspects of the program with the identified child and engages with all children within the program.
- Ensures that books, toys and equipment are in safe and functional repair and reports any needed repairs to the Early Years Quality Assurance Coordinator.
- Keeps all play areas, indoors and outdoors equipment clean, safe, and orderly.
- Administers first aid as required and fills out correct incident and ill health forms as per policy guidelines.
- Maintains positive discipline by following procedures of Child Care and Early Years, 2014. Applies directives consistently to provide appropriate limits and positive reinforcement of acceptable behaviour.
- Assists child in maintaining correct hygiene procedures such as washing hands and face, changing soiled paints, etc., and assists and instructs child in mastering basic self-sufficiency skills such as dressing and personal hygiene.
- Conducts and assures adherence to scheduled day care routines such as washroom, lunch time, snack time, dressing, rest time and play time.
- Actively participates in daily programming, responding to child’s individual needs and interests.
- Regularly communicates with the Inclusion Quality Assurance and Training Coordinator, Early Years Quality Assurance Coordinator, Resource Consultant, Registered Early Childhood Educator In-Charge and Early Childhood Educators to ensure all program staff are equally aware of how the child and program needs complement each other.
- Ensures preventative infectious disease practices are followed. Maintains records of practice.
- Understands that the experiences and processes will inform future consideration of early learning and care services can be provided to children with exceptional needs.
- Maintains documentation of child’s progress within the program and provides regular reports to the Inclusion Quality Assurance and Training Coordinator.
- Regularly monitors email and responds accordingly. Prepares/composes outgoing correspondence.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Minimum completion of Grade 12.
- Preferably completed post-secondary education in Early Childhood Education, Resource Consulting, Social Services, Developmental Services, or a complementary field (although not required).
- One (1) year experience in an early years or childcare program preferred.
- Up to date immunization record, including TB Skin Test.
- Current First Aid, including Child/Infant CPR.
- Provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- A valid Ontario Class “G” license preferred.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
THIS POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.
Advertising Method: General Ad