Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is hiring an EarlyON Child and Family Centre Coordinator in Red Lake, ON! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire one (1) Temporary, Full-Time (term) EarlyON Child and Family Centre Coordinator, located in Red Lake, Ontario to join our Early Years team (some travel to Ear Falls will be required). Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Early Years Quality Assurance Coordinator, the EarlyON Child and Family Centre Coordinator is responsible for the planning, implementing and evaluating of day to day delivery of effective, accessible, age appropriate and culturally appropriate programs for children ages 0 – 10, their families and caregivers, while meeting legislated requirements and guidelines.
Employer Name: Kenora District Services Board (KDSB)
City: Red Lake
Postal Code: P0V 2M0
Application Deadline: June 5th, 2022
Hours of Work: Temporary, Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: We offer an hourly wage of $23.60 for the first 30 days and $26.23 for the remainder of the term (in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Implements programming based on emergent curriculum and the Ministry of Education’s document “How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years”.
- Opens/closes EarlyON Centre each day; greets parents/children and staff.
- Determines needs of the EarlyON Centre by selecting and purchasing appropriate toys, books, equipment and materials for a variety of age groups upon approval of Quality Assurance Coordinator.
- Inspects toys and equipment; assesses damage; assembles new toys; purchases new toys and equipment; maintains toy inventory and records.
- Provides minor repairs and preventative maintenance such as plasticizing game boards and boxes for longer wear or changing and recharging batteries.
- Washes toys, cleans, dusts and disinfects shelves.
- Selects appropriate magazine subscriptions and compiles a library of parenting articles; prepares monthly newsletters and schedule of activities.
- Prepares and presents workshops on parenting; Plans and presents activities for children; provides community outreach.
- Remains knowledgeable about available grants, applying for those the EarlyON Centre qualifies for.
- Provides a variety of workshops for children and parents based on need or demand; creates evaluation process; plans and implements special events.
- Prepares quarterly activity reports including statistics on number of parents and children utilizing the EarlyON Centre; compiles data on a daily basis with report submissions to the KDSB Early Years email; records various areas, IE referrals, daily visits of parents and children, visits of professionals, workshops, etc.
- Makes recommendations for development of effective policies and procedures for the EarlyON Centre in accordance with ministry guidelines.
- Foster relationships with other community partners, service providers and agencies through Community Planning Tables and daily programming.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
Successful candidates will have or be able to provide:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education.
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- Current First Aid, including Infant/Child CPR, as well as Safe Food Handling certificate.
- Up to date immunization record, including TB skin test.
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Screen.
- Ontario Class G Drivers license, and access to a reliable vehicle.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
We offer an hourly wage of $23.60 for the first 30 days and $26.23 for the remainder of the term (in accordance with the Collective Agreement. 2021 rates of pay, subject to change). Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
COMPETITION #EY 22-01
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.
Advertising Method: General Ad