Grand Council Treaty #3 are looking for an Economic Development Intern! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Treaty #3 Investment Group develops economic opportunities and investments to generate wealth for Treaty #3 shareholders. Within five years, Treaty #3 Investment Group will create wealth and establish business presence through diversified investments. T3IG will have accountable governance, operations and management with integrity to provide community benefits. Under the supervision of CEO Treat #3 Investment Group, the Grand Council “Economic Development Intern” will work to increase the readiness of communities within the Treaty #3 territory to identify and engage in economic opportunities.
Employer Name: Grand Council Treaty #3
City: Fort Frances
Application Deadline: April 13th, 2021
Hours of Work: April – June 2021 (With possible extension depending on funding)
Job Type: Various Hours
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Research and identify areas for economic development opportunities within the Treaty #3 territory. This would include but not limited to youth in business, resource projects, partner identification, business climate and economic conditions for business development.
- Prepared report on findings and deliver at the GCT#3 National Spring Assembly.
- Participate in engagement with communities to discuss participation in analysis.
- Develop a business inventory within the Nation.
- Develop materials and aid communities in accessing economic development resources.
- Assist in providing economic development support services, research and informational material, project development and planning support, and business expansion activities within the Treaty #3 territory.
- Participate in Treaty #3 Investment Group board meetings, Treaty #3 Economic Chiefs Committee meetings and GCT#3 National Assemblies and other partner meetings as required.
- Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
- During an emergency epidemic/pandemic situation, job duties will be reviewed and reassigned accordingly.
- All other related duties assigned by direct supervisor and leadership of Treaty #3 Investment Group.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- A college diploma or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce or Accounting related program.
- Previous work experience in an analytical/analyst role in investments or financial accounting is an asset.
- Preference will be given to those applicants with:
- An Anishinaabe background.
- Applicants must have a basic understanding of the Ojibwe language and understand the Anishinaabe protocols and customs.
- Experience communicating and building relationships with Treaty #3 communities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that take into consideration the complexity of information and intended audience.
- Excellent planning and organization skills for event implementation and outreach.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, respectful working relationships with GCT3 staff, Treaty #3 First Nations, and the general public.
- Ability to work independently and manage workloads, set priorities, meet deadlines, work under pressure, and adjust to constant change.
- Experience with computer software applications (Word, Excel and Power Point) and online meeting software (Zoom, Blue Jeans, Microsoft team).
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references to the attention of:
Oluyinka Leigh, Human Resource Manager
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O Box 1720 Kenora,
Ontario P9N 3X7
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position, however only those being considered will be contacted. At Grand Council Treaty #3, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, advise Human Resources when applying for the position.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at the time you submit your application.
Advertising Method: General Ad