The Kiizhik Education Corporation is looking for Education Assistants! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Kiizhik Education Corporation Team is growing and looking to hire new Education Assistants. Under the direct supervision of the School Principal and working directly with the teacher(s), the Education Assistant will reinforce prepared lessons/routines to children or groups of children. They will also participate, in conjunction with the teacher in instructing the student(s).
Employer Name: The Kiizhik Education Corporation (Bimose Tribal Council)
Postal Code: P9N 3P7
Application Deadline: April 13th, 2021
Hours of Work: Various
Job Type: Various Hours
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Provide support to students at Gaagagekiizhik Gakinoo’amaadiiwigamig Gakinoo’amaawasowin and/or Bimose Community High School at all Grade levels.
- Assisting students individually or in groups in completing teacher prepared lessons and routines
- Assist with supervision of students in classroom as well as outdoor supervision
- Monitor student progress and identify problematic areas
- Liaise with parents/guardians, professional staff, and other agencies
- Encourage positive role model behavior designed to instill pride, self-esteem and cultural identity for Anishinaabe students.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Grade twelve diploma or equivalent certification
- Classroom Assistant Certificate/ Early Childhood Diploma/Social Services Diploma or commitment to obtain
- 1-year related work experience would be an asset
- Strong communication, English, and mathematical skills
- Knowledge of Anishinaabemowin, culture, and traditions an asset
- Criminal record check cleared and issued by the Ontario Education Services Corporation or Treaty Three Police which verifies employee is able to work in a provincial educational institution
- Possess the ability to manage a reasonable workload; effective priority-setting and follow-up
- Be a role model in carrying out the vision and mission statement of Kiizhik Education Corporation
- Possess the ability to establish and maintain appropriate working rapport with others
- Possess the ability to deal with conflict, mediate, and problem solve
- Provide the quality of work to meet or exceed tribal council specifications.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION BY MAIL (marked as confidential), E-MAIL, IN PERSON, OR FAX TO:
Kiizhik Education Corporation
Attention: Human Resources Manager
598 Lakeview Drive, Kenora, ON P9N 3P7
Telephone: (807) 468-5551
Fax: (807) 468-3908
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Advertising Method: General Ad