Grand Council Treaty #3 is hiring an Education Policy Analyst! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Employer Name: Grand Council Treaty #3
Postal Code: P9N 3X7
Application Deadline: February 8th, 2023
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
The Grand Council “Education Policy Analyst” supports the work of the Grand Council and assists the Grand Council Treaty #3 Representative Services Inc. The Education Policy Analyst is an individual with high analytical, research, writing and presentation skills. The Education Policy Analyst will be responsible for analysis of provincial and federal government policies that impact education programs and services of Treaty #3. The Education Policy Analyst will prepare briefing notes, assist with resolutions and provide technical support as needed to enhance treaty rights to education, jurisdiction and the Education Law. The Education Policy Analyst is familiar with First Nation’s history and governmental relations in relation to education matters.
- Provides technical support as required to Education Director and GCT3 Leadership on the treaty right to education;
- Work collaboratively with GCT3 Education Unit;
- Works collaboratively with other units as directed by Education Director;
- May be assigned to act as proxy representative for GCT3 Education Unit at various tables to gather information, report findings and provide analysis;
- Networking for technical information gathering on relevant federal and provincial education policies and creating reports based on findings;
- GCT3 Education Committee Monthly Meetings Technical Support when required;
- Regular communication to supervisor(s) on emerging/current issues emanating from potential impact analyses;
- Draft briefing notes and provide technical information for GCT3 Leadership updates;
- Provide information and analysis to Education Director for Treaty #3 Leadership on matters impacting the treaty right to education;
- Provides historical timeline and developments on Education resolutions progress;
- Provides impact analysis and technical information to Education Director identifying arising issues communicated by T3 First Nation Education technicians;
- Building/maintaining/enhancing the working relations with affiliate Grand Council Policy Analysts;
- Provides technical support, research and analysis as required to assist with Treaty #3 First Nation’s approach to transform education and re-assert First Nations jurisdiction, Education Law and Education treaty rights;
- Create and maintain database of Treaty #3 First Nation community’s education inventory, needs assessments and statistical information;
- Engages and provides impact analysis, trends as a result of monitoring federal and provincial legislation, regulations and policy direction in areas applicable to T3 related education issues and provides technical support in these areas when required;
- Conducts research and analysis on treaty rights to education and analysis of federal and provincial legislation impacts on treaty based education
- Updates Education Director on education policy positions and representation at assigned applicable gatherings/meetings;
- Provides technical support at regional and local community gathering and meetings when required;
- Attends GCT3 Education Committee Meetings as technical support when required;
- Prepares proposals, implements work plans, coordinate program related project, facilitates meetings with stakeholders, facilitates and completes program related reporting requirements as assigned.
- Participates in conference/forum and seminar development, planning, facilitation, reporting, project supports as assigned;
- Prepares monthly progress report on activities;
- Participate in Education Unit meetings & other meetings for technical support
- Informs Education Director of any funding opportunities available, present recommendations and participate in hiring process as requested by Education Director.
- Communicate and collaborate with Education Unit members
- During an emergency pandemic/pandemic situation, job duties will be reviewed and reassigned accordingly
- All other related duties assigned by Education Director and leadership of GCT3
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Post-Secondary degree and/or demonstrated experience in the education field
- Knowledge of Treaty #3 First Nation traditions, cultures, and values; understand First Nation history and government relationships.
- Understanding diversity among First Nation communities.
- Comprehensive understanding of both federal and provincial education systems, programming and policies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, respectful working relationships with GCT3 staff, Treaty #3 Communities, and the general public.
- Possess strong organizational, communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to multi-task.
- Anishinaabe language proficiency and cultural knowledge an asset.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision in a fast paced environment and work collaboratively with a team.
- Ability to research information from various sources as required.
- Ability to work independently and manage workloads, set priorities, meet deadlines, work under pressure, and adjust to constant change.
- Proficient use of various office based software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point) and online meeting software (Zoom, Blue Jeans, Microsoft team).
- Strong customer service orientation.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information of 3 references to the attention of:
Human Resource Manager
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O Box 1720 Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X7
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position, however only those being considered will be contacted. At Grand Council Treaty #3, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, advise Human Resources when applying for the position.
Advertising Method: General Ad