WAASEGIIZHIG NANAANDAWE’IYEWIGAMIG (WNHAC) are looking for an Emotional Wellness Therapist! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
We provide client-centered, wholistic primary health care through an interprofessional, team-based model of care. Services comprise a range of options including prevention, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment based on traditional and contemporary models of care, using wholistic health and community development concepts. Working within primary care to deliver short and long-term emotional wellness services, the position collaborates with interprofessional care providers to provide assessment, treatment, and management of biopsychosocial aspects of health and wellbeing for WNHAC clients and ensure seamless transition to community resources as appropriate. The position participates in development, implementation, and evaluation of programs to meet client needs. Collaboration with interprofessional team members to support health promotion, disease prevention, and chronic disease management is an important part of the role. NOTE: traditional practices involve burning sacred medicines including tobacco, sweetgrass, sage and cedar within the work setting.
- Masters or undergraduate degree in social work, psychology, or other related discipline; equivalent combination of relevant college diploma and experience may be considered; current registration with applicable college; extensive experience in providing group counselling
- Extensive personal experience and understanding of traditional Anishinaabe culture, values, and healing practices; experience working in an Anishinaabe organization and ability to understand and speak Anishinaabemowin a definite asset;
- Good knowledge of available resources, and experience working with at risk individuals and families an asset
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people including healthcare professionals, traditional people and community members; ability to work as a member of an interprofessional team
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Valid driver’slicense, current drivers abstract, and own vehicle required; willingness and ability to travel to communities on a regular basis
- Current criminal/vulnerable persons records check
- Commitment to ongoing training and professional development relevant to job requirements
- Positive attitude and capacity to act as a healthy lifestyle role model
- Proof of immunization in compliance with policy requirements is mandatory prior to start of employment
Please send resume with covering letter and three references, to:
Emotional Wellness Therapist
P.O. Box 320,
Keewatin, Ontario P0X 1C0
fax: (807) 467-8341
phone: (888) MYWNHAC ext 221
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.