Ne-Chee Friendship Centre is hiring an Employment Counsellor! For more information about this LEAP posting please see the details below!
- Provide resume and cover letter development
- Complete an intake and assessment process for all clients looking for funding
- Provide employment counselling and or case management services
- Development of action plans; employment insurance verifications, drafting of contractual agreements, maintaining of budget, client monitoring etc.
- Knowledge and experience in the area of employment and training initiatives
- Experience in conducting labor market assessments, and knowledge in labor laws
- Experience in developing capacity in relationship building to develop and foster labor market partnerships within the local catchment area
- Must have experience in facilitating workshops and presentations
- Post-secondary in Career and Work Counselling, Human/or Social Services and/or relevant accredited training combined with related work experience; Career Coach Certificate is an asset
- Experience in program planning, development, implementation, data collection, and evaluation
- Understand recruitment and retention methodologies
- Ability to develop, deliver and facilitate targeted employment related workshops to both clients and employers;
- Knowledge of the Friendship Centre and the various programs provided to the community
- Ability to speak Ojibway, Cree or Oji-Cree is a definite asset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Excellent computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Internet, Excel, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license & access to a reliable vehicle is required
- Current First Aid /CPR certification or able to be certified
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter to: Ne-Chee Friendship Centre, 326 2nd Street South, Kenora, ON
P9N 1G5 Fax: (807) 468-5340 E-Mail: email@example.com
We wish to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.