Grand Council Treaty #3 are hiring an Energy Coordinator! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Grand Council “Energy Coordinator” will work to increase Treaty #3 Energy capacity through the delivery of three areas of focus. Nation based energy audits, building organizational energy capacity and creating new energy projects and partnerships in Treaty #3. This will occur though the strategically analyzing the Ontario Energy Sector and Grand Council Treaty #3 role in it. The program intends to reduce greenhouse gas emissions through educating students engaging communities and the nation as well build the Anishinaabe Governance asserted in the Ontario Energy Sector processes to date.
Employer Name: Grand Council Treaty #3
Application Deadline: May 11th, 2021
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Deliver nation-based energy audits and create framework for energy efficiency across the nation.
- Complete training for energy auditing capacity
- Develop and maintain strong relationship within the Treaty #3 Territory and Sustainable energy sector
- Develop outreach materials and engagement for information sharing and discussion in relation to sustainable energy and their feasibility in the Territory. Including educational material for youth.
- Through direction given by communities and leadership, create a Treaty #3 Sustainable energy plan
- Analyse the Ontario energy sector in collaboration with TPU Technical staff to develop strategic energy planning moving forward.
- Identify new sustainable energy initiatives including funding sources and training programs.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with GCT3 staff, Treaty #3 Communities and Leadership.
- Represent Grand Council Treaty #3 at meetings, workshops and conferences as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Point of contact for all energy inquiries and information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by GCT#3 Leadership and supervisor.
- Assist in the day to day administration of the TPU and GCT#3.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- A college diploma in a related field is considered an asset.
- Experience in the energy sector or understanding of the energy sector is considered an asset.
- Experience with community outreach and engagement is considered an asset.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license.
- Strong communication and relationship skills.
Preference will be given to those applicants with:
- An Anishinaabe background. Applicants that have prior knowledge of Anishinaabe Worldview; have a basic understanding of the Ojibwe language and understand the Anishinaabe protocols and customs
- Experience communicating and building relationships with Treaty 3 communities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that take into consideration the complexity of information and intended audience.
- Excellent planning and organization skills for event implementation and outreach.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, respectful working relationships with GCT3 staff, Treaty #3 First Nations, and the general public.
- Ability to work independently and manage workloads, set priorities, meet deadlines, work under pressure, and adjust to constant change.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references to the attention of:
Oluyinka Leigh, Human Resource Manager
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O Box 1720 Kenora,Ontario P9N 3X7
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Advertising Method: General Ad