The Ministry of Transportation is hiring an Engineering Associate! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Employer Name: Ministry of Transportation
Postal Code: P9N 1X9
Application Deadline: January 31st, 2022
Hours of Work: May 2 – Aug 26th, 2022
Job Type: Summer
Wages: $691.67-$922.23 weekly
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- To provide support for the Operations Division and Transportation Infrastructure Management Division within the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario through implementation of engineering, operational, technical and other special projects and/or communicating the results of engineering or other technical research and analysis.
- Produce accurate and professional briefing notes, business cases, presentations and other documents that support business plans, summarize research and analysis, compile information, develop business options, clarify impact, identify relevant relationships and/or recommend a course of action.
- Responsibilities may include developing, maintaining, evaluating and interpreting engineering or technical documents for the purpose of supporting projects and initiatives, recommending a course of action and/or measuring the effectiveness of branch, divisional or ministry-wide programs and services.
- Taking the leadership role in field-related, small-scope engineering, operational or technical projects that furthers an initiative, supports staff or communicates a message and to manage and coordinate the work using best practices.
- Collecting information and gathering research from media, Internet, relevant literature, policies and/or legislature, then interpreting the results using quantitative and qualitative analysis identifying the most relevant and critical subject matter that supports ministry-wide business objectives and summarizing the findings in a high-quality report.
- Utilizing corporate, ministry and divisional systems to access information and analyze data to generate reports and complete tasks as well as ensuring the system and system data is accurate, up to date and available.
- Participating on a variety of internal and external committees and project teams, developing and maintaining strong working relationships with team members, colleagues and service providers.
- Additional projects and assignments as required.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Introductory knowledge of civil engineering and related fields (e.g. geotechnical/engineering materials, structural, environmental, surveys, drafting and AutoCAD, traffic, highway operations, maintenance, construction and design, etc.), in order to conduct research and analysis as well as to prepare recommendations to ministry management on business and operational policies and initiatives.
- Knowledge of computer software including spreadsheets, word processing, data analysis, database management, presentation, web browsing, file sharing and web content management, email and calendar management, viewing, reading and editing PDF files.
- Interpersonal and team work skills, tact and diplomacy interact with all levels of staff to establish effective working relationships with colleagues, team members and staff of other ministries.
- Flexibility, reasoning as well as project management and organization skills to address changing priorities with conflicting deadlines and to prioritize work based on knowledge of subject matter by discussing with manager and staff.
- Communicating both orally and in writing, adapting approach for intended target audience, giving presentations to teams and managers and facilitating information sessions. Conveying complex ideas in writing using a clear, cohesive and concise style.
- Ability to identify problems through research and critical analysis and determine/prepare options or recommendations for resolutions or alternatives.
- The initiative to seek information and understand the organization, its processes as well as its stakeholders and use knowledge to improve personal performance and scan for potential opportunities and obstacles.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to travel throughout the region; sometimes on short notice.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please submit cover letter and resume to MTO.RSO.Northwest@ontario.ca
Full Time Hours Per Week: 36.25
Advertising Method: General Ad