Grand Council Treaty #3 is hiring an Executive Assistant to the Grand Chief! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check for more details below!
- Work closely with the Political Advisor on all Political issues
- Arrange travel plans and itinerary, for the Grand Chief and Chiefs committees as required
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of the Political Office
- Complete Expense Forms and Cheque Requisitions for the Political Office
- Maintenance of Political files
- Manage all request related to Political files, follow up with technicians handling the files and, update the Executive Director and Political Advisor.
- Organize meetings involving governmental senior executives or with members of Grand Council Treaty #3 as requested by the Political Advisor
- Open and administer regular and electronic mail for political office and provide general details when required, to ensure proper action is taken on all incoming mail if required
- Assist in the planning and organizing of events related to the activities of the Political office
- Assist in the preparation of related presentations and agendas for the Political Office Provide administrative support to the Political and Administrative Office
- Prepare/edit internal/external correspondence including faxes, memos, emails for the political office
- Answer calls and/or relay messages for the political office
- Proofread all correspondence and material related to the political office
- Provide suggestions on Political office administrative procedures, following approval by the Political Advisor
- Arrange requests related to travel, accommodation as advised by the Political Advisor for Grand Council Chiefs and Committees as required
- Perform any other duties related to the position of Executive Assistant as directed by the Executive Director and Political Advisor
- Record administration credit card transactions and submit monthly reconciliation to the Finance office
- As a member of the Political Office team you will assist in providing administrative support services to the Political Office, and to the Administrative Office when required, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Completion of a degree or diploma from a recognized university or college in business administration or public administration and/or an advanced specialization with two years’ experience attained
- Minimum three years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Proficient spoken and written English
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS outlook
- Punctual, meticulous and reliable with courteous manners to the public
- Must be efficient in time management and have strong organizational skills
- Fluency in Anishinaabemowin considered an asset
- Work weeks are 5 days, Monday to Friday, starting at 9:00am to 4:30pm
- Entitled to one hour of unpaid time for lunch and two paid fifteen-minute breaks.
- Frequently exposed to noise and a regular flow of people around the office
- Frequently assigned to changing priorities
- May be required to work extra hours and will receive compensatory time off.
- Responsible for meeting the demands of multiple priorities with multiple deadlines
Submit Cover Letter, Resume with 3 References by Friday, January 4, 2019 to:
Grand Council Treaty #3
PO Box 1720
Kenora, ON P9N 3X7
Competitive salary and benefits. We thank all those who apply. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Submission of criminal record check required prior to offer of employment.