Anishinaabe Abinoogii Family Services is hiring an Executive Director! For more information about this LEAP Job Posting, check out the details below!
Employer Name: Anishinaabe Abinoogjii Family Service
Postal Code: p9n3x8
Application Deadline: September 27, 2023
Hours of Work: Full-time contract position to 2026 with benefits, pension and possibility of extension.
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors and works under the guidance of our Elders.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Master of Social Work or other Masters degree in relevant education with a minimum of five years related management experience preferred, however a combination of related education, experience and skills in Indigenous child welfare, personnel management, program planning, financial management, leadership and administration may be considered;
- Through knowledge of Grand Council Treaty # 3 and the administrative structure of the member First Nation communities, Abinoojii Inakonigewin, Customary Care, service development and delivery, AAFS devolution model, family structure, and local customs and traditions;
- Thorough knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act and Regulations and Bill C-92, An Act Respecting First Nations, Inuit and Metis Children, Youth and Families;
- Thorough knowledge of the Provincial and Federal Funding Models, budget planning and control, Broader Public Sector Directives with ability to operate and secure new funding for AAFS, operate within the approved mandated and non-mandated Services’ budgets and provide regular updates to the Board of Directors and stakeholders;
- Thorough knowledge of Employment Standards Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act and other relevant legislation and internal policies such as, but not limited to, the Direct Services Manual, Foster Care Licensing, Finance, and Personnel, with ability to ensure consistent and fair application;
- Ability to promote AAFS’ philosophy, implement, develop, and execute the Board’s strategic plan for the immediate, short-term and long term, with aligned accountability and risk management;
- Ability to oversee, monitor, and evaluate operations, including the devolved agencies, and work cooperatively, in conjunction with the Board of Directors to improve and further the work of AAFS and report quarterly in Board meetings;
- Ability to lead through example, coach and mentor staff with ability to provide leadership and direction, motivate, delegate to and support staff, create a positive working environment for all staff and develop and sustain a strong child and family focused organizational culture;
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with the member communities, the Board of Directors, Elders, Chief and Councils, First Nation and other community organizations, government officials, staff, media, the general public, and other relevant stakeholders;
- Excellent organizational, time management, planning, problem-solving and decision-making skills with ability to prioritize;
- Working knowledge of group dynamics, consultation, and conflict resolution techniques;
- Committed to ensure the highest level of confidentiality;
- Superior interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- Must possess a valid Ontario G Drivers License, be willing to travel;
- Must be willing to provide a Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers Abstract, and
- Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please submit resume and cover letter to: Director of Human Resources at AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
Advertising Method: General Ad