Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child & Family Services is hiring a Family Support Practitioner/Case Aide! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
- The Family Support Practitioner is responsible for providing para-professional support services to assist child protection staff in meeting the needs of clients and supporting initiatives to keep children with their families and/or enhance family reunification.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Under the direction of the Supervisor and in conjunction with Child Welfare Workers, the Family
- Support Practitioner is responsible for providing para-professional support services to assist Child
- Protection staff in meeting the needs of clients
- Supporting initiatives to keep children with their families and/or enhance the family reunification.
- Some scheduling duties will be included with this position.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation, and agency policies and procedures.
Employer Name: Kenora Rainy River Districts Child & Family Services
Postal Code: P9N 3P7
Application Deadline: June 13, 2023
Hours of Work: 33.7 Hours per week (May include evenings and weekends)
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Expected to work closely with families to assist them in caring for their children.
- Demonstrating and modelling practical parenting skills, assessing and providing feedback on parent-child interactions in the home or during family access visits, providing information about community resources and assisting families in accessing such resources, and any other task that helps the parent and/or child address identified concerns.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Minimum post-secondary diploma in Social Services, Social Work, or Child/Youth Worker. A
- combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle with an OPCF6A
- Insurance endorsement and minimum of $1,000,000 Liability.
- Clear criminal reference check, clear vulnerable sector check, and a driver’s abstract.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please submit resume with letter of application quoting position number to:
Human Resources Department
Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services
820 Lakeview Drive
Fax No. (807)467-5539 ATT: HR
Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In an effort to support the health and safety of our Staff, Children and families, employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with all valid, required doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada before hire. KRRCFS will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to medical reasons, or any other ground protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Advertising Method: General Ad