Canadian Tire is hiring a Fill Crew Associate! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Are you ready to join Canada’s most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast? Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
Summary: The Fill Crew Associate is a member of the Logistics Fill Team and has a key role in ensuring that products are transported from the warehouse to the sales floor in an efficient manner. This position includes a lot of lifting and carrying.
Employer Name: Canadian Tire
Postal Code: P9N 1L9
Application Deadline: October 6th, 2022
Hours of Work: Full-time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: Starting at $17/hour
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Maintaining housekeeping disciplines in the warehouse and salesfloor in order to facilitate location of products by all staff.
- Responding to and handling customer and staff inquiries, requests, and concerns in a timely manner.
- Locates products in the warehouse.
- Guides customer to the location of requested items.
- Operates computer and scanning devices for tracking inventory and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
- Keeps up to date with in-store promotions, in-store deals and product locations.
- Stocks shelves and merchandise display areas neatly with correct merchandise.
- Secures heavy display items.
- Maintains inventory accuracy and identifies/reports low stock levels (e.g., hole check and bin cap analysis).
- Maintains merchandise on the retail floor and ensures that retail basics are executed efficiently (labeling, product facing, cleaning aisles and display areas etc.).
- Ensures that product and overstock is placed in the appropriate locations.
- Removes stock belonging to a different location and replaces damaged or expired items when necessary.
- Reports stolen and damaged goods to Management.
- Assists in pricing and verifying price labels as needed.
- Assists in organizing warehouse as needed.
- Readily disposes of shipping boxes, trash, etc.
- Completes necessary paperwork on a daily basis.
- Complies with company, store, department, and warehouse policies.
- Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
- Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (e.g., uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag) when interacting with others.
- Completes other tasks, as required.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Ability to follow direction and coaching.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Aptitude with computer technology / locating systems.
- Aptitude for online learning.
- Ability to work in other areas of the store is an asset.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong belief in the Canadian Tire Values of honesty, integrity, and respect.
- Excellent organizational and technology skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment that provides assistance and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Results-oriented individual.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to complete detail-oriented retail tasks according to instructions and to demonstrate responsibility for outcomes.
- Ability to resolve retail and/or customer issues.
- Ability to adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
- Positive attitude, punctuality, and solid work ethic.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- In compliance with the store’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures:
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Using lift equipment.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
- Lifting and turning repeatedly throughout the shift.
- Lifting and twisting above the shoulder, from the floor to shoulder, and floor to waist.
- Ability to go up and down a ladder and stairs while carrying merchandise.
- Walking and carrying things at the same time and pushing/pulling, as required.
Background Check Requirements:
- As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Employment Verification
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Advertising Method: General Ad