Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services is hiring a Finance Controller! For more information about this LEAP posting please see the details below!
The work will be normally performed in a typical interior and office environment located in the offices of AAFS. The position will require the incumbent to sit for long periods of time at a desk, walk, stand, bend, stoop, crouch and stretch. Use of arms, hands or fingers in typing, handing, carrying objects and repetitive movements. The noise level environment is usually quiet to moderate. Travel to semi-remote Anishinaabe communities on rough and winding class “C” roadways and in various weather conditions.
AAFS requires all employees, contractors, students, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent of a valid medical exemption or other reasonable consideration pursuant to the Human Rights Code of Ontario.
- Recognized Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or an equivalent post graduate degree and 5 years’ experience gained through related work experience.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of budget preparation, analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of Customary Care and the philosophy of service delivery, First Nation communities, family structure, and local customs and traditions.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, problem solving, organizational, time management and prioritizing skills are essential.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Experience managing audits performed by external audit firms.
- General understanding of computerized accounting systems.
- Demonstrated Supervisory skills.
- Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office.
- Interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
- Ability to take direction and work within the agency philosophy, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ability to establish and maintain purposeful relationships with staff, management, and other community agencies and service providers.
- Strong commitment to help Anishinaabe children and their families by providing culturally competent services.
- Always committed to ensure highest level of confidentiality with a thorough understanding that all agency matters related to services, clients, staff, and all other agency business must be kept confidential.
- Must be aware of the cultural environment in which AAFS Family Services operates
- Must possess a valid Ontario G Driver’s Licence, be willing to travel and provide a Driver’s Abstract; and
- Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR
RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING FILE # FC2023OUF TO:
Manager of Human Resources c/o Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7
Fax: (807) 548-1345 or by E-mail: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca