Ministry of the Solicitor General are looking for a Food Services Officer! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Are you a food service professional experienced in volume cooking and baking? If so, bring your culinary expertise to the Kenora Jail where you will prepare, cook, and assemble standard and special diet meals in a conventional institutional kitchen.
Employer Name: Ministry of the Solicitor General
City: Kenora (Kenora Jail)
Application Deadline: April 13th, 2021
Hours of Work: 2 Temporary Positions (on-call up to 6 months, with possibility of extension) This position requires you to work on an on-call basis. The hours of work are 0 to 40 hours per week, including weekends and statutory holidays, based on operational requirements and with no guaranteed hours.
Job Type: Various Hours
Wages: $23.10 - $24.97 Per Hour* *Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Provide team leadership within the cooking operation for the correctional institution
- Provide direction and support to inmate helpers
- Prepare and assemble meals
- Maintain an inventory of supplies
- Ensure the safety and security of helpers, staff and equipment
- Maintain proper sanitary conditions in the kitchen area
- Other duties, as required
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Possession of Journeyman Chef's Certificate as issued by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities or sufficient acceptable experience in volume cooking
- Valid First Aid and Heartsaver Certificate or the ability to obtain upon hire
- You are able and willing to work shift work, weekends, and holidays
- You have knowledge of volume cooking/baking methods and safety principles
- You can prepare and assemble a high volume of meals
- You have knowledge and experience with various diets (i.e. lifestyle, medical, religious)
- You have knowledge of food safety practices
- You have knowledge of health and safety practices and standards
- You have demonstrated ability to understand and follow organizational policies/protocols in order to acquire knowledge of institutional policies and maintain safety and security of kitchen
- You can work with staff, inmate helpers, and service providers to address issues
- You have team leadership skills to provide instruction and direction to kitchen helpers and inmate helpers in cooking methods and kitchen cleanliness and appraise performance
- You have written communication skills to prepare various reports
- You can identify and resolve equipment/appliance malfunctions, supply shortage, sanitation and hygiene control, and food service issues
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
- You must apply online at: https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Jobs.aspx
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Advertising Method: General Ad