Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is looking for two Full Time Counsellors! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below.
- Provide mental health & addiction counselling and case management services in various hospital inpatient / outpatient and community-based settings in accordance with legislation, and Ministry of Health guidelines.
- The target group for these services will be across the lifespan from prenatal to seniors.
- Assesses individual needs and assists consumers to improve functioning in the community with reduced symptomatology.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with other members of the team
- Provides services that are individualized and tailored to address consumer’s current needs and preferences.
- Must be willing to work assigned shifts including 8 and/or 12-hour rotation, mostly day shifts.
- Masters, Bachelors or Diploma in the area of Social Work, Psychology, Social Services, Drug and Alcohol, or other Human Services.
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (if a social worker) or another recognized professional counselling college is required
- Current knowledge of child protection/ reportability requirements.
- Minimum 2 years related experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with First Nations an asset
Reference job #: MHAP 07/19 on your cover letter along with your resume to:
Human Resources: Recruitment
Visit our website: www.slmhc.on.ca for more information.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.