The Kenora District Services Board is looking for a Full Time Receptionist! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below.
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire a Regular, Full-time Receptionist located in Kenora, Ontario to join our Integrated Social Services (ISS) team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Manager of ISS, the Receptionist is responsible for performing clerical, accounting, and administrative work and directing applicants and the public to the appropriate staff for effective, streamlined customer service.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responding to front counter and telephone inquiries regarding all services provided by the KDSB including Child Care, Social Housing, Ontario Works, and Land Ambulance, preparing correspondence, and processing incoming and outgoing mail
- Receiving and entering payments into appropriate databases, issuing receipts, and balancing cash
- Receiving maintenance calls and creating work orders
- Receiving housing applications and verifying that all information is included with the application
Successful candidates will have or be able to:
- Successfully completed secondary school and have a minimum of one year related Administrative/Reception/Office experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and the ability to handle client concerns in a tactful and sensitive manner
- Operate computerized software and office equipment
- Make referrals to appropriate service in a timely manner with the ability to prioritize maintenance calls and recognize maintenance emergencies
- proven experience to appropriately work with and maintain confidential information
- Use judgement in organizing time and prioritizing work load as circumstances require
- Provide a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and a valid Ontario Class G Driver’s License
The hourly wage for this position is $20.16. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail, on or before May 28, 2019 at 12:00pm local time to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.