Kenora Association for Community Living (KACL) is hiring Full-Time Intensive Supported Independent Living Community Support Workers! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Since 1960, KACL has promoted inclusion and social justice in our community. We are a not-for-profit, charitable organization made up of some of the most compassionate, caring, and hardworking people you’ll ever meet.
We are the fourth largest employer in Kenora, and our goal is to become the employer of choice by focusing on safety, courtesy, teamwork, and service excellence.
Employer Name: Kenora Association for Community Living (KACL)
Postal Code: P9N 3Z9
Application Deadline: September 30th, 2021
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: Starting annual salary range: $53,581-$54,704
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
As a Community Support Worker, you will guide at-risk and vulnerable young adults in creating a safe space that they can call a home. You will build strong, resilient, unique relationships and promote a connected community where everyone belongs.
- Be a role model and provide positive support to individuals.
- Be a constant presence for others; helping them to feel safe, at ease and free to be.
- Help others to gain skills and confidence in their lives and roles in the community.
- Utilize your gifts and help others to grow their own.
- Being part of a progressive organization that makes a real difference in our community.
- A positive, fun, professional team that needs and values your gifts and talents.
- Great medical, dental, vision, and disability coverage, and our pension plan.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth, and exploration of your gifts.
- Starting annual salary range of $53, 581 – $54, 704.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- People Focused: You build positive relationships and enhance the lives of others by helping them to explore and achieve their goals.
- Rooted: A strong sense of acceptance and belonging are in your bones. You know there is a difference between a house and a home.
- Dedicated: Your passion is helping people and you do it by meeting them where they are at, without judgment or criticism.
- Committed: You whole-heartedly believe that everyone has the right to a life filled with meaning, joy, and acceptance.
- Resilient: You are fueled by your own impact, celebrate even the smallest wins, and see every day as a new opportunity.
- Adaptable: You thrive in an ever-changing environment and flawlessly can navigate both low and high energy days.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Location: This position is based in Kenora, Ontario.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until Sept. 30th, 2021.
Submit to: Please complete an on-line application at kacl.ca
PLEASE QUOTE POSITION NUMBER 2021-43 ON YOUR APPLICATION
Advertising Method: General Ad