Grand Council Treaty #3 is hiring a Health Administrative Assistant! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Under the supervision of the Provincial Health Policy Analyst, the Health Administrative Assistant will be required to perform an array of administrative duties including taking minutes during meetings, scheduling appointments, preparing cheque requisitions and purchase orders. The Health Admin Assistant is also accountable for drafting, reviewing and editing time-sensitive correspondence sent by the management team. Excellent customer service skills are a must. This individual will be highly organized and able to work with a variety of departments and the public in order to fulfil the job requirements. Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the GCT#3 Health staff to ensure that the services are provided in an effective manner.
- Assist the Health staff with the co-ordination of meetings and special events involving large groups
- Assist with the distribution of information to Treaty 3 communities via faxes, memos and distribution.
- Provide support to Provincial Health Policy Analyst and undertake a variety of activities/initiatives within the office.
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory when required.
- provide administrative support to the Health Staff and assisting with orientation of new staff and service providers to administrative requirements of service delivery and Purchase of Service Agreements.
- Record minutes of Health program meetings or any other meeting as may be requested by the Provincial Health Policy Analyst, distribute and file as required.
- Reception coverage as required.
- During an emergency epidemic/pandemic situation, job duties will be reviewed and reassigned accordingly.
- All other related duties assigned by supervisor and Leadership of GCT#3.
- Secondary School Diploma required.
- 1-3 years in an administrative capacity or relevant role is considered an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-disciplined, will have a strong sense of teamwork
- Time management and presentation skills with the ability to follow through on assigned duties independently within strict deadlines.
- Able to work independently, solve problems, and research issues is imperative.
- Proficient use of various office based software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), online video-conferencing platforms (Zoom, Blue Jeans, Microsoft team).
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
- Meticulous records maintenance skills.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Treaty #3 First Nation traditions, cultures, and values and history.
- Extensive understanding of the diversity among First Nations.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to research information from various sources.
- Ability to speak Anishinaabe language is an asset.
- Must have valid driver’s license (Equivalent to Class G), in good standing and a reliable vehicle.
- Must have a clear criminal records/vulnerable sector check is required.
- Must be able to travel on short notice.
- Travel may be required within Kenora and surrounding areas.
- Must be able to travel and stay overnight.
- Must also be able to work evenings when required.
- Busy office setting and repetitive work.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Interacts with public at large.
- Ability to conduct and attend presentations.
- Overtime may be required.
Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references to the attention of::
Human Resources Manager
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O. Box 1720, Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X7
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position, however only those being considered will be contacted. At Grand Council Treaty #3, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, advise Human Resources when applying for the position.