District of Kenora Homes & Community Support Services is hiring a Home Help Cleaner! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Location: Throughout the City of Kenora at the homes of seniors.
Purpose of the Position: To provide home help cleaning and other light services to seniors in our community to help them age at home. Duties may include but are not limited to: vacuuming, dusting, washing floors, cleaning bathrooms, organizing, light meal prep.
Time Commitment: This is a casual position. Cleaning is done Monday thru Friday, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. perfect for someone who isn’t looking for full time but has some time to spare.
- General housecleaning at the homes of seniors in our community
- Performing other light services as needed to help seniors age at home
- Completing required documentation promptly and accurately
- Performing other related Community Support Services duties as assigned
- Promoting and representing the organization in a positive manner
- Grade 12 or GED
- Must possess a valid Ontario’s Driver’s License and a working vehicle available on a daily basis to get from one client to the other
- Have or are willing to obtain Fresh Food Handling Certificate
- Be able to communicate in English-both written and spoken
- Physically fit to meet the demands of the job
- Pleasant and professional manner at all times
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Able to work without direct supervision
- Respectful, patient and understanding of seniors
- Criminal Reference Check
Interested applicants may submit their resume and three written references to:
Michelle Spencer, Human Resource Manager
District of Kenora Homes for the Aged
firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (807) 468-6346
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted