Lake of the Woods District Hospital is hiring a Hospital Unit Attendant (FT Permanent)! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Why Work with LWDH? In this position, there are many benefits to joining our team:
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan enrolment, one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans that includes portability, inflation protections, survivor benefits, buyback options, and early retirement
- Desjardin Group Life Insurance coverage that includes life insurance, and short/long-term disability coverage
- Green Shield Canada extended health benefits for single and family including dental services, prescription, health services, vision, hospital accommodation, etc.
- Access to staff physiotherapy, onsite gym, Employee LifeWorks Program, staff wellness initiatives, and much more!
Employer Name: Lake of the Woods District Hospital
Postal Code: P9N 3W7
Application Deadline: March 22nd, 2023
Hours of Work: Full Time Permanent, 1.00 FTE
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: $24.8785 to $25.4348 hourly as per CUPE 822 Collective Agreement
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
The Unit Attendant is responsible for the provision of direct and indirect care to patients as part of a multi-disciplinary team. This position is fast-paced and complements the work of other professional staff within units. If you enjoy connecting with people whether patients or colleagues, being active throughout your work, and being an integral part of optimal patient care, consider this role for your next opportunity.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you and you meet most of the essential qualifications we are looking for, we encourage you to apply and provide us more details about why you think you would be a great fit. We cannot make any promises, but we will consider your qualifications and the potential you bring. LWDH is dedicated to ongoing professional development and continuing education opportunities to enhance skillsets and working experience
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent
- First Aid certification
- Current certification in BCLS with demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
- Demonstrated experience (within last 2 years) working with persons with health care needs
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job (repetitive reaching, bending, lifting heavy objects)
- Crisis Prevention Intervention training an asset
- Reliable attendance record
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
Advertising Method: General Ad