Waasegiizhig Nanaandawe’iyewigaming is hiring a Hostel Worker! For more information about this LEAP posting please see the details below!
We provide primary health care through a range of options including prevention, assessment, diagnosis and treatment. Our team includes health professionals, educators and support workers representing both traditional Anishinaabe and contemporary models of care, and uses wholistic health and community development concepts.
This is a part time position involving shift work, including weekends. The hostel operates 24/7 and provides a supportive environment for clients and family members requiring overnight accommodations; while accessing health care services in Kenora. Maintaining cleanliness of the facility is a requirement of the position. The position may also involve client and family crisis, and facilitating access to other WNHAC or community resources.
- Minimum OSSD or equivalent; some experience working in the health care field an asset
- sound understanding of Anishinaabe culture, values, and perspectives;
- experience working in an Anishinaabe organization; ability to understand and speak Anishinaabemowin is a definite asset
- good oral and written communication skills (including computer skills)
- good interpersonal skills to deal effectively with a wide variety of people
- ability and willingness to work shift hours and weekends
- current criminal/vulnerable persons records check
- commitment to ongoing training and professional development relevant to job requirements
- positive attitude and capacity to act as a healthy lifestyle role model
Please send resume with covering letter and three references, to:
Hostel Worker Position
Fax: (807) 467-8341
Phone: (888) MYWNHAC