Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care is hiring a Housekeeper! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care is a new Not-For-Profit organization created by the Kenora Chiefs Advisory (KCA). Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care mission is to be a centre of excellence which delivers inclusive quality and culturally appropriate care to Elders and the citizens of Kenora and surrounding communities. Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care is a 96-bed Long-Term Care facility in Kenora, Ontario, with a “Heart” to serve our Elders and community members.
Employer Name: Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care
Postal Code: P9N 4J7
Application Deadline: August 15th, 2022
Hours of Work: Part-Time
Job Type: Part-Time
Wages: Per existing collective agreement
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Carry out assigned housekeeping duties, as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
- Demonstrated commitment to work with seniors.
- Label residents’ personal belongings.
- As a Housekeeping, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall cleanliness of the work area to which they are assigned in accordance with policies, procedures and legislation.
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Maintenance Manager.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively are essential.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Previous housekeeping experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- First Aid & CPR Certificate preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good listening skills and the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
- Work is performed indoors in well lighted, well-ventilated areas. Exposed to heat, humidity, and noise.
- High standard of personal conduct and self-discipline, both personally and professionally.
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check dated no later than 6 months from date of hire.
- Excellent organization, critical-thinking, problem-solving, and computer skills.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Knowledge of First Nations history, language, and culture an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as a Wiigwas Elders and Seniors team member.
- Proof of Full COVID 19 Vaccination and Influenza Vaccination
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please forward resume, cover letter and 3 references- including 1 professional reference, via email only, to:
Human Resource Department
Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care
237 Lakeview Drive
Kenora ON, P9N 4J7
Advertising Method: General Ad