Bimose Tribal Council are looking for a BTC HUB Operator in Charge (OIC)! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Bimose Tribal Council (BTC) HUB team is responsible for providing an array of Water and Wastewater facility services to First Nation communities in the Treaty 3 area. Under the direction of the HUB Manager, the Operator in Charge (OIC) will work with the Overall Responsible Operator (ORO).
Employer Name: Bimose Tribal Council
Application Deadline: April 12th, 2021
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Remotely Monitor water and wastewater facilities
- Collect and maintain Water & Wastewater effluent quality data records
- Develop operator capacity by coordinating/delivering training and maintaining appropriate licensing requirements to meet the current Federal and Provincial water quality regulations and standards.
- Develop, amend and implement Maintenance Management Plans (MMPs) and
- Emergency Response Plans (EMPs) for the respective Water & Wastewater systems.
- Travel to First Nation community Water and Wastewater facilities to troubleshoot and assist in the restoration of system normal operation as required.
- Other related duties as assigned
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Valid Ontario Class 2 Water Treatment Certification (Mandatory) & Class 2 Wastewater Treatment Licence. Must qualify and apply for reciprocity if out of Province.
- Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes acquired through working at WT/WWT facilities
- Knowledge of Federal and Ontario provincial water and wastewater regulations and standards including Protocol for Centralised Drinking Water Systems in First Nations Communities, Protocol for Centralised Wastewater Systems in First Nations Communities, Safe Drinking Water Act, O. Reg 170/03, 169/03, 128/04, 129/04, 903, ODWQS, etc.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in water and wastewater plant O & M
- Mechanical Aptitude and effective trouble shooting skills
- Proficient in computerised reporting formats and applications
- Time management and organizational skills required as well as the ability to working independently.
- Possess a valid class G driver’s license
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Along with a resume, cover letter and copies of current operator certificates/licences, applicants must submit a current criminal record check and three references including one from the current/last place of employment. PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION BY MAIL (marked as confidential), E-MAIL, IN PERSON, or FAX to:
Bimose Tribal Council Inc.
Attention: Human Resources Manager
598 Lakeview Drive
Telephone: (807) 468-5551 * Fax: (807) 468-3908 * e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Advertising Method: General Ad