Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services is hiring a Human Resource Clerk in Wauzhushk Onigum Nation, ON! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Highly organized and detailed oriented, the Human Resources Clerk is responsible to prepare and coordinate staff recruitment and selection, provide administration orientation, conduct reference checks and file maintenance, termination processes, Group Benefits and Pension Plan administration and all related HR letters such as, but not limited to, letters of offer, performance appraisals, recommendation of placement on scale, discipline, leaves, and terminations.
- Community College Diploma, or High School Diploma with four (4) years direct experience; however, a combination of related education, experience, and skills may be considered
- Knowledge of Customary Care, member First Nation communities and social structures, Anishinaabe family systems, as well as local customs and traditions;
- Knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services including policy, procedures and guidelines
- Must be committed to ensure the highest level of confidentiality; thorough understanding that all Human Resources matters must be kept highly confidential;
- Excellent organization, time management, planning, and problem-solving skills;
- Experience working in an automated HRIS environment;
- Ability to facilitate and participate in the recruitment of new staff including preparation and distribution of Job advertisements, interview schedules, interview panels, reference checks, placements on scale, and letters of offer
- Ability to provide Administration Orientation for all new staff
- Ability to collect personnel information for all new staff and maintain confidential personnel files to ensure all documentation Is on file according to policy and procedures;
- Ability to prepare new hire forms for new staff, salary changes and terminations;
- Ability to administer the Group Benefit and Pension Plans, new hire enrolments, and act as liaison between the benefit providers and the staff;
- Superior communication and Interpersonal skills;
- Must possess a valid Ontario G Driver’s License and be willing to travel;
- Must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers Abstract;
- Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
The work will be normally performed in a typical interior and office environment located in the offices of AAFS. The position will require the incumbent to sit for long periods of time at a desk, walk, stand, bend, stoop, crouch, and stretch. Use of arms, hands or fingers in typing, handling, carrying objects and repetitive movements. The noise level environment is usually quiet or moderate. Travel to semi-remote Anishinaabe communities on rough and winding class “C” roadways in various weather conditions may be required.
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING FILE #HRC20210927 to:
Manager of Human Resources
20 Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7
Fax: (807) 548-1345 or by Email: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
All Interviewees must submit a current Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers Abstract at time of interview