Waasegiizhig Nanaandawe’iyewigaming (WNHAC) is hiring a Human Resource Assistant! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
We provide primary health care through a range of options including prevention, assessment, diagnosis and treatment. Our interprofessional teams include health professionals, educators and support workers representing both traditional Anishinaabe and contemporary models of care and using wholistic health and community development concepts.
This position functions within the organization’s management and administration unit, reporting to the Human Resources Manager. The position must establish and maintain linkages with management, team members, supervisors, and with individual employees to sustain appropriate communication. The purpose of the position is to support the organization’s human resources management capacity and is responsible for maintaining systems, processes, and supporting strategies for recruitment and retention of quality employees to carry out the centre’s mandate and strategic goals and objectives
NOTE: Anishinaabe traditional practices involve cultural ceremonies and burning sacred medicines including tobacco, sweetgrass, sage and cedar within the work setting.
Employer Name: Waasegiizhig Nanaandawe’iyewigamig (WNHAC)
Postal Code: P0X 1C0
Application Deadline: June 14, 2023
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Post-secondary education in human resources or relevant/appropriate combination of education, training, with three years of experience is preferred; Applicants with less experience and/or education may be considered dependent on other qualifications listed;
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, regulations and administration practices
- Excellent computer skills and experience operating in a network environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and both oral and written communication abilities
- Experience working in an Indigenous organization – ability to understand and speak
- Anishinaabemowin a definite asset
- Valid drivers’ license and own vehicle required; copy of current drivers’ abstract required. Current criminal records check required
- Commitment to ongoing training and professional development relevant to job requirements and organizational priorities
- Proof of immunization in compliance with policy requirements is mandatory
- Positive attitude and capacity to act as a healthy lifestyle role model
What WNHAC offers:
- Support from an interprofessional team and wholistic model of care
- Group Benefits and Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (based on position)
- 3 weeks of paid vacation in the first year of service, increase with years of services
- Commitment to staff wellbeing supported by compensating time, wellness policy and stipend General office hours are 9:00am to 4:30pm with casual dress. Flexible work hours are available within policy parameters
- Compensates related Licencing fees from Professional Associations
- Supports Professional Development and Cultural Safety. Access to cultural teachings and knowledge keepers on an ongoing basis
- Salary is competitive and reflects both the responsibilities of the position and conditions of employment.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
lease send resume with covering letter and three references, to:
Human Resources Assistant
Email: email@example.com Website: WNHAC.org
Fax: (807) 467-8341 Phone: (888) MYWNHAC
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Advertising Method: General Ad