The Lake of the Woods District Hospital is hiring a Human Resources Generalist! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
This position reports to the Manager, Human Resources and provides strategic and operational guidance within the Human Resources portfolio. The Human Resources portfolio includes recruitment, labour relations, equity/diversity/inclusion (EDI), compensation, employee benefits, collective bargaining, occupational health and safety, payroll and centralized scheduling.
The HR Generalist will possess a continuous improvement philosophy, demonstrate an ability to establish effective relationships (internally and externally), promote involvement and value the contributions of all staff, while delivering on key strategic priorities with internal and external stakeholders with multiple agendas.
- Degree in Human Resources Management and/or Industrial Relations; or equivalent education and experience acceptable to the Employer
- Human Resources Professional Designation with current good standing – Certified Human Resources Professional or Leader (CHRP or CHRL) required
- Good attendance record
- Clear criminal record and vulnerable sector screening check
- Minimum of three (3) years progressive experience in human resources field
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organizational and managerial skills within a diverse unionized work environment
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with teams and developing trust and credibility
- Demonstrated skills in labour relations, negotiations, conflict resolution and building collaboration specifically with CUPE and ONA Bargaining Units
- Strong communication, listening, interpersonal and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to consult widely and fairly in the identification of issues, opportunities, and effective solutions
- Excellent computer literacy including knowledge of HRIS systems/databases and Microsoft Suite (Microsoft Teams)
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable legislation and its application in a Hospital setting (e.g. ESA, Ontario Labour Relations Act, Human Rights Code, OHSA of Ontario, WSIB, Public Hospitals Act, etc.)
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to achieve deadlines
- Demonstrated confidence and capability in project management
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
The LWDH is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861