Ontario Native Women’s Association is hiring an Indigenous Healthy Babies Healthy Children Worker! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Why make ONWA your career choice?
Make a difference in the lives of Indigenous peoples by supporting and advocating for positive change. ONWA prides itself on providing all employees with a total rewards package that is generous and supports our workforce and their family members:
- Competitive salaries
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid time off at Christmas above paid vacation time
- Additional paid stat and civic holidays
- 35-hour work week
- Comprehensive benefits program including health, paramedical, dental, vision, and EAP. All premiums are covered by the employer.
- Healthcare Spending Account and Lifestyle Spending Account
- Competitive Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid sick days
- Paid cultural/personal wellness days
- Flexible scheduling to support work-life balance
- Ongoing professional development.
- Possible reimbursement on a portion of cell phone and internet expenses
At the Ontario Native Women’s Association (ONWA), we celebrate and honor the safety and healing of Indigenous Women and Girls as they take up their leadership roles in the family, community, provincially, nationally, and internationally for generations to come.
Employer Name: Ontario Native Women’s Association
Postal Code: P9N 1S9
Application Deadline: February 26th, 2024
Hours of Work: Full Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: $49,500 - $60,778 DOE
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
The Indigenous Healthy Babies Healthy Children Family Home Visitor (FHV) is responsible to ensure that all Indigenous families and their children (prenatal to age 6) who need assistance with physical, emotional, mental and social issues have access to effective consistent early intervention services. To provide the best opportunities for a healthy child development through home visiting, service coordination, parenting groups, cultural teaching, traditions and referrals.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- A minimum College diploma in social sciences or health services and 2 year’s experience in a community setting.
- Advocacy work on behalf of Community Members, including referral to local service agencies.
- Ability to network with other community agencies/services/organizations.
- Experience tracking & reporting statistical information.
- Crisis support, guidance and referral skills.
- Knowledge of and connection to service agencies in the location of service delivery.
- Knowledge of: parenting skills, prenatal health and issues, infant care, nutrition issues.
- Knowledge and working of Not-For Profit Organizations.
- Demonstrated organizational, time management and presentation skills with the ability to follow through on assigned duties independently within strict deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communications, with emphasis on keen listening and ability to effectively interpret verbal communications and needs of prospective Community Members.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office; competency working with other databases.
- Knowledge and understanding of current issues facing Indigenous Women and their families.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to speak an Indigenous Language is considered an asset.
- Current, valid vulnerable sector criminal records check. Valid 1st Aid/CPR.
- A cellular phone and internet access is required within this position.
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible working from home arrangement if required. This may include a combination of virtual remote work in your home and in office arrangements. This will be based on operational needs and will be determined by the ONWA.
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction and be able to improve performance through management feedback.
- ONWA is committed on implementing measures to protect its community members, staff, and other stakeholders from COVID-19. As a result, ONWA has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy. Exemptions will be made for those with a valid medical exemption; proof of the exemption will be required.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please apply online at https://onwa.bamboohr.com/careers/330?source=aWQ9MzI%3D
**Indigenous Women are encouraged to apply. First preference will be given to all qualified Indigenous applicants. **
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you would like to learn more about the job, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertising Method: General Ad