Waasegiizhig Nanaandawe’iyewigamig (WNHAC) is hiring a Intake Worker (Waashkootsi Nanaandawe’iyewigamig)! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Healing Services Team supports people in their healing journeys by listening and sharing the strengths of our Anishinaabe language and ways of life in a safe and comfortable environment. The Healing Lodge supports personal change and healthy living by addressing the root causes and effects of violence, trauma, dysfunction and addictions. Traditional ceremonies and cultural teachings are combined with contemporary supportive counseling and referral services as well as wholistic primary health care.
Employer Name: Waasegiizhig Nanaandawe'iyewigamig (WNHAC)
Postal Code: P0X 1C0
Application Deadline: Monday, November 28th, 2022
Phone: (888) MYWNHAC ext 235
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
This position provides administrative support, direct client care and community collaboration to assist with delivery of Healing Services Programs. The position works as part of a team to plan and evaluate culture- based programming, healing programs, and individual therapy programs to foster healthy individuals, families and communities.
NOTE: Traditional practices involving burning sacred medicines including tobacco, sweetgrass, sage and cedar and other cultural protocols occur regularly within our work setting.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Post-secondary education diploma
- Personal experience and understanding of traditional Anishinaabe culture, values and healing practices; experience working in an Anishinaabe organization and ability to understand and speak Anishinaabemowin a definite asset
- Ability to work in a collaborative, de-colonial, trauma-informed, and client-centered approach and to support WNHAC values in meaningful ways
- Knowledge of historical trauma and the impacts of that history on the health of people, families, and communities
- Good knowledge of available resources and experience working with at risk individuals and families an asset
- Advances skills in Microsoft Office and social media applications
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills (including computer skills); excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with a wide variety of people
- Valid drivers’ license and own vehicle required; copy of current drivers’ abstract required
- Current criminal records check required
- Commitment to ongoing training and professional development relevant to the job requirements
- Positive attitude and capacity to act as a healthy lifestyle role model
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please send resume with covering letter and three references to:
Intake Worker Position
P.O. Box 320,
Keewatin, Ontario P0X 1C0
Fax: (807) 467-8341
Phone: (888) MYWNHAC ext 235
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Advertising Method: General Ad