Kenora District Services Board is hiring an Integrated Community Support Case Manager (Sioux Lookout)! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Competition #ISS 23-16
Dedicated to improving everyday lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward-thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire an Integrated Community Support (ICS) Case Manager located in Sioux Lookout, Ontario to join our Integrated Social Services (ISS) team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Integrated Social Services Supervisor, the Integrated Community Support (ICS) Case Manager provides coordinated and ongoing case management that will support improved outcomes through life skills training; including but not limited to financial responsibility, employment readiness, housing stabilization and safety compliance training for the residents of the Kenora district.
Employer Name: Kenora District Services Board
City: Sioux Lookout
Postal Code: P8T 1B1
Application Deadline: March 31st, 2023
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: The hourly wage for this position is $32.07 in accordance with the Collective Agreement 2022 rates of pay, subject to change
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Identify, organize and facilitate training sessions as determined by individual and community need in order to support positive outcomes.
- Plan, coordinate and promote integrated training forums in partnership with other community organizations.
- Counsel individuals in collaboration with their Case Manager, in order to support employment goals and social needs. Refer individuals to placements, training, counselling, jobs, or other supports and opportunities to optimize efficiency and cost savings.
- Identify and communicate gaps in service delivery to the ISS Supervisor and recommend improvement strategies.
- Ensure that data collection, verification reporting, privacy and audit requirements and any statistical reports are completed as required.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and sufficient communication and interpersonal skills to deal with individuals, co-workers, management, the public, employers, and other community agencies.
- High ability to use computers and other information technology including specific case management software and administrative systems including databases, word processing, spreadsheets, data input, and retrieval.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable legislation and acts that fall within the scope of the Integrated Social Services (ISS) department.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a large variety of community programs in order to assist clients with their needs.
- Demonstrated ability to relate empathetically and effectively in order to motivate individuals.
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution, leadership, and marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to assist in the development of program goals and targets and to achieve them.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary education program in Social Services or similar and three years’ experience in social services with emphasis on training delivery. Alternatively, a combination of education and/or experience is required.
- Possess Standard First Aid and CPR
- Provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Screening and a Valid Class G Driver’s License.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail, on or before March 31, 2023, at 4:00pm local time to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.
Advertising Method: General Ad