The Kenora District Services Board is looking for a Full-Time Integrated Services Worker for Red Lake! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below.
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire a regular, full-time Integrated Services Worker located in Red Lake, Ontario to join our Integrated Social Services team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Manager of Integrated Social Services, the Integrated Services Worker is responsible for collecting and analyzing information from clients and residents to make recommendations for social assistance, early learning and care subsidy, social housing subsidy, and other programs administered by the KDSB. This will include interviewing, meeting, and scheduling appointments with applicants for assistance under the various social services legislation including the Ontario Works Act, Child Care and Early Years Act, and Housing Services Act.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring housing applications and documentation is complete to place applicants on waiting list for housing services
- Updating client files such as Tenant Application, Rent Geared to Income Information, Housing Wait Lists, Income Test, and applications for benefits
- Performing annual reviews as required and reporting results to the Manager
- Receiving and responding to general inquiries from applicants, clients, and the public regarding the Board’s programs and services
- Accepting reimbursements and cash payments; issuing receipts; making deposits; and sending routine correspondence.
- Performing front reception duties as required including daily pick up and distribution of mail.
Successful candidates will have:
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and sufficient communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with clients, co-workers, management, and the public and the ability to handle applicant concerns in a tactful, sensitive manner
- A high level of ability to use computer and other information technology including specialized software and administrative systems including databases, word processing, spreadsheets, and data input
- Strong working knowledge of applicable legislation and acts that fall within the scope of the services
- The ability to use judgment in organizing time and prioritizing workload
- Demonstrated on-going commitment to the principles and practices of client confidentialityQualifications will include:
- Successful completion of a post-secondary education program in Social Services or similar and two years’ experience in social services. Alternatively, a combination of education and/or experience is required.
- A satisfactory Criminal Background Check
- A valid Ontario Class G (or equivalent) driver’s license
The starting hourly wage for this position is $26.39. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail, on or before May 28, 2019 at 12:00pm local time to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.