Ne-Chee Friendship Centre is hiring a Intergenerational Trauma Coordinator! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
To ensure that the intergenerational traumas caused by Indian Residential Schools are addressed through strengths based approaches to achieve and maintain a good mind while promoting healthy lifestyles, improving individual and family emotional well-being, and providing access to cultural knowledge and activities that foster self-respect and identity.
Employer Name: Ne-Chee Friendship Centre
Postal Code: P9N 1G5
Application Deadline: March 23rd, 2023
Hours of Work: Contract position (ends March 31, 2023, with possibility of extension pending funding)
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: Salary: $50,000
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Promotes the development of protocols and referral agreements with urban Indigenous organizations, mainstream health and social service agencies, Indigenous traditional health practitioners, and other relevant community partners and stakeholders as it pertains to the needs of the urban Indigenous community.
- Improves awareness and understanding across communities of Indigenous cultural values and historical context, especially as relates to intergenerational trauma or other factors that impact mental health and addictions.
- Coordinates the purchase of mental health services and counselling.
- Conducts peer counselling, i.e., providing support, encouragement, and resource information for urban Indigenous individuals and their families.
- Conducts client intakes and identifies traumas, mental health, addictions, and other related needs.
- Responds to client social emergencies and provides crisis interventions.
- Provides wrap-around services and strengths-based action plans for Indigenous community members, ex. healing, wellness, addictions free activities, positive parenting, family interaction and cultural awareness.
- Coordinates the development of healing circles, peer support groups and self-help processes to assist in community healing, anger management, positive self-image development, alternative discipline methods and positive relationships.
- Offers land-based activities, opportunities for transmission of cultural knowledge, and connections to Elders and traditional knowledge holders to support cultural healing and positive self-identity.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Possess post-secondary education in mental health or addictions, Indigenous studies, social work, child and youth work or combination of the equivalent and relevant education.
- Minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated and related work experience with health and social services and Indigenous cultural approaches to mental health and addictions issues.
- Possess strong knowledge and awareness of Indigenous culture and history, with particular emphasis on the impacts of trauma, family violence, Indigenous youth engagement and community outreach.
- Proven ability to organize, evaluate, communicate, and present information, both verbally and written.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter to: Ne-Chee Friendship Centre – 326 Second Street South, Kenora, ON P9N 1G5 Fax: (807) 468-5340 E-Mail: OfficeAdmin@nechee.org
* A Current Vulnerable Persons Check will be required upon offer of employment
Advertising Method: General Ad