WAASEGIIZHIG NANAANDAWE’IYEWIGAMIG (WNHAC) are looking for Isolation Centre Support Workers! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
We provide client-centered, wholistic primary health care through an interprofessional, team-based model of care. Services comprise a range of options including prevention, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment based on traditional and contemporary models of care, using wholistic health and community development concepts. This position works as part of a team to support supports persons who have no other place to isolate while awaiting results of a COVID test, or after testing positive for COVID. The positions are part of the Waterview Isolation Centre team and support the Isolation Centre within a 24/7 operating environment. NOTE: traditional practices involve burning sacred medicines including tobacco, sweetgrass, sage and cedar within the work setting.
- OSSD or equivalent training and experience;
- Personal experience and understanding of traditional Anishinaabe culture, values, and healing practices; experience working in an Anishinaabe organization and ability to understand and speak Anishinaabemowin a definite asset
- Demonstrated understanding of wholistic health and well-being; personal experience or strong knowledge of the healing journey and abstinence from mind altering chemicals
- Good knowledge of available resources, and experience working with at risk individuals and families an asset
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills (including computer skills); excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with a wide variety of people
- Current criminal/vulnerable persons records check
- Commitment to training relevant to job requirements
- Positive attitude and capacity to act as a healthy lifestyle role mode
Please send resume with covering letter and three references, to:
Isolation Centre Support Worker
P.O. Box 320,
Keewatin, Ontario P0X 1C0
fax: (807) 467-8341
phone: (888) MYWNHAC ext 221
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.