The Salvation Army (Kenora Community Ministries Centre) are looking for a Kettle Coordinator! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Kettle Coordinator ensures the smooth running of the Kettle Campaign, maximizing donations and coordinating staffing (kettle employees and volunteers).
Employer Name: The Salvation Army (Kenora Community Ministries Centre)
Location/Address: Kenora, ON
Application Deadline: October 21st, 2020
Hours of Work: Up to 30 hours per week, November 2 – December 24, 2020
Job Type: Part-Time
Wages: $14.25 - $16.82 per hour
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Recruit, train, direct and work alongside volunteers
- Schedule volunteers, ensuring all kettle locations are covered daily
- Coordinate the schedules for kettle staff, responding to emergency absences
- Stand on kettles as vacant spaces dictate
- Ensure kettle locations are well stocked with supplies
- Counting and depositing of kettle monies
- Contact churches, businesses and other organizations to fill volunteer spots
- Post campaign: retrieve all equipment from kettle locations
- Keep accurate records of volunteer information using the kettle program.
- Represent The Salvation Army in a positive, professional manner
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
Minimum Education Level Attained:
- The successful job applicant will have completed High School.
- NOTE: An alternative level of education and experience may be acceptable.
Special Licenses, Diplomas, Certifications or Requirements:
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license with own vehicle. – Mileage will be reimbursed.
- Criminal Police Check.
Minimum Prior Related Experience:
- More than three months but less than one year of prior related experience.
- Experience in office administration.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-paced office setting.
- Experience with general office equipment and a proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Understanding and support of the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Physical Effort/Dexterity Required:
- The performance of the job requires frequently transporting kettle stands, driving and hosting kettles.
- The performance of the job requires volunteer scheduling.
Responsibility for Financial Resources:
- The incumbent is involved in minor financial matters regularly, or on a relief basis, or has responsibility for the wise use of his/her own resources. He/She may be authorized to spend, disburse, or collect small amounts of cash. The incumbent has very little input into the annual budget.
Responsibility for Human Resources:
- The incumbent is responsible as a group/work leader.
- The incumbent directly supervises kettle volunteers (varies depending on the number of kettles).
- The incumbent’s work environment is typically in the Office, Car and Stores.
- The incumbent will work under the following disagreeable conditions:
- Driving in winter
- Non-routine schedule
- Some outdoor Kettles
- The incumbent works on-call and carries a cell phone.
Exposure to Hazards:
- The job incumbent may be exposed to the risk of minor to moderate injury or illnesses due to:
- Driving in hazardous conditions.
- Standing outside for long periods of time.
- Cold weather.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please E-mail: Sandra_poole@can.salvationarmy.org
Attention: Sandra Poole
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Advertising Method: General Ad