YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg (Camp Stephens) is hiring Kitchen Staff! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
- Able to assist in food preparation and cooking/baking
- Able to perform cleaning duties (dishwashing, cleaning and sanitizing kitchen tools, appliances, surfaces)
- Able to ensure Food Safe standards up being met while practicing safe working procedures
- Able to ensure the work area is free of hazards and safe to operate on a daily basis
- Able to assist in regular inspection of the kitchen equipment
- Able to ensure that meals are served on time, are of high quality and amounts are sufficient for the group
- Must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma
- Standard First Aid
- Globally Harmonized System (will train)
- Fully immunized against COVID-19 or valid exemption
- Prior experience in commercial/institutional food preparation
- Food Handler’s Certificate
- Bronze Cross or National Lifeguard (NL)
Please submit your cover letter and resume direct to Mat Klachefsky, Camp Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to providing a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks. We also are committed to providing an inclusive environment where diversity is welcomed and encouraged. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment or selection process, please don’t hesitate to reach out. This includes providing you with alternate formats of this posting. We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully immunized against COVID-19 or have a valid exemption.