Ne-Chee Friendship Centre are looking for a Kizhaay Anishinaabe Niin (I’m a Kind Man) Coordinator! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Kizhaay Anishinaabe Niin Coordinator is responsible for the provision of Indigenous culture-based community services focused exclusively on the engagement of Indigenous men and male youth committed to ending all forms of violence perpetrated against Indigenous women and girls.
Employer Name: Ne-Chee Friendship Centre
Application Deadline: January 22nd, 2021
Hours of Work: Full-time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: $45,474 - $50,000 Annually Comprehensive benefit package including a pension plan
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- To provide Indigenous culture-based men’s programming promotive of healing, skill building and the practice of alternative options to the use of violence
- Provide wrap-around services and a strengths-based action plan for each individual direct-service user
- Facilitate programming within correctional institutions and the provision of reintegration support for men and youth-aged males
- Educate men and youth-aged males in approaches to identifying and addressing their own abusive behaviours and implement alternative approaches to conflict resolution
- Encourage healthy violence free lifestyles through the provision of educational supports and the establishment of a supportive learning environment
- Coordinate local community events to promote Indigenous men’s roles in ending violence perpetrated against Indigenous women and girls
- Create opportunities for Indigenous men and youth-aged males to engage with Elders, Traditional people, cultural and land-based activities
- Promote healing circles, peer support networks and self-help processes to assist in men’s healing, positive identity development, learning alternative approaches to child discipline and intimate partner conflict resolution strategies
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Post-secondary education in Indigenous studies and/or combination of an equivalent and relevant education
- Demonstrated and related work experience within an Indigenous organization or community
- Strong knowledge and awareness of Indigenous culture and history, with particular emphasis on family violence, child welfare, and the impacts of trauma
- Knowledge and experience working with justice system involving Indigenous men and male youth.
- Personal experience with, and ability to model traditional male role.
- Skills and experience in presenting workshops and facilitating groups.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills; Strong working knowledge of MS Word & data entry.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
- * A Current Vulnerable Persons Check will be required upon offer of employment
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter & three references to:
Ne-Chee Friendship Centre
P.O. Box 241,
326 Second Street South, Kenora, ON P9N 3X3
Fax: (807) 468-5340
Advertising Method: General Ad