Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child & Family Services is hiring a Legal Coordinator – Full Time Management Position! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Legal Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the day to day administrative operations of the Legal Department. The Legal Coordinator is the responsible overseeing and directing the Legal Administrative Assistants on behalf of the Supervisor of Legal Services.
- Responsible for overseeing legal clerical support to Child Welfare staff in all branches for all legal matters and clerical support to Agency staff as required
- Demonstrated knowledge of the court system, the Child and Family Services and Family Court rules is required
- Coordination of apprehensions, motions and all court appearances.
- Preparation of all trial-related notices, subpoenas and cheque requisitions.
- Scheduling of regular court conferences with counsel, workers and supervisors
- Updating of court files to meet the requirements of Family court Rules.
- Drafting of court related documents including memoranda, assessments, reports, orders and correspondence
- Minute taking at meetings relating to court matters
- Ability to lead a small team of Legal Administrative Assistants on behalf of the Supervisor of Legal Services
- Some out of town travel may be necessary
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor of Legal Services
- 5-7 years experience as a Legal Assistant or Paralegal.
- Applicants with similar related experience may be considered.
- Effective verbal, written and computer skills
- Must possess a valid Class G Ontario Driver’s Licence and have access to a reliable vehicle with OPCF6A Insurance endorsement and minimum of $1000 000.00 Liability
- Clear criminal reference check, Clear Vulnerable Sector check, Clear Internal Records Check and a Clear Driver’s Abstract
Please submit resume with letter of application to:
Human Resources Department
Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services
820 Lakeview Drive
Fax No. (807)467-5539 ATT: HR
Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.