Grand Council Treaty#3 is looking for a LGBTQ2S+ Council Coordinator! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Summary: Grand Council Treaty#3 leadership have mandated the development of an LGBQT2S+ Council be developed to support the National governance structure of the Anishinaabe Nation of Treaty#3 and would complement the current existing Councils: Women’s Council, Elders’ Council, Youth Council and Men’s Council. Role: The Coordinator would assist in the establishment of the LGBGTQ2S+ Council and ensure that our Nation’s LGBTQ2S+ citizens are included in our Nation’s governance and are supported.
Employer Name: Grand Council Treaty #3
Application Deadline: December 4th, 2020
Hours of Work: 6-month contract
Job Type: Various Hours
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Actively engaging and working with community members and organizations to establish the GCT#3 LGBTQ2S+Council.
- Managing the logistics for the establishment of the LGBTQ2S+ Council and acting as the main point of contact.
- Development of communication materials for leadership and (Briefing notes; online presence) to support the development of the LGBTQ2S+ Council.
- Be an advocate for the LGBTQ2S+ community and support policy and legislation change to address systemic inequities.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- A well-developed understanding of racism and anti-racism through lived experience and/or formal/in formal education. Familiarity with the concepts of systemic racism, colonialism, and intersectionality is an asset.
- Demonstrate an understanding of current challenges and opportunities for the LGBTQ2S+ Council.
- Ability to build relationships with Treaty#3 communities; organization and community partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Capacity to prioritize workload and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks.
- Experience with undertaking meeting/event planning and coordination.
- Preference will be given to Treaty#3 members and those that identify as LGBTQ2S+.
- Must have a must have a clear criminal check record with vulnerable sector.
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references to the attention of:
Oluyinka Leigh, Human Resources Manager
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O Box 1720 Kenora,
Ontario P9N 3X7
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Advertising Method: General Ad