First Student Canada is hiring a Licensed Mechanic! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Join our Kenora team as a Full Time 310T Mechanic!
As a 310T Mechanic with First Student, you will help maintain and repair school buses to ensure vehicle readiness & safety, while providing guidance to Apprentice Mechanic.
First Student is proud to offer:
- $2500 Sign-on Bonus *
- Monday to Friday Day shift schedule
- Permanent full time position
- An excellent benefits package with full medical and dental plans and RRSP Program with company contribution
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement
- A great work environment!
Employer Name: First Student
Postal Code: P9N 2S9
Application Deadline: October 4th, 2023
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: Based on Experience
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Perform accurately all phases of vehicle and equipment repair and preventative maintenance
- Repairs include brakes, engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches and other repairs.
- Remove, overhaul and reinstall mechanical components
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections and annual maintenance inspections.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
- Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including inventory and materials
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval where required.
- Lead road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to standards, policies and procedures.
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- 310T License is required
- High school Diploma or GED
- Red Seal in Commercial Transport
- knowledge of fuel ignition, cooling, mechanical hydraulic and airbrake systems
- Valid G class driver’s license required with ability to upgrade to B License
- Must have appropriate mechanic’s tool set.
- Advanced problem-solving ability.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Apply Online: https://ca.workatfirst.com/vacancy/45225/leapforjobs/detail
*Conditions apply. See location for details. Bonus expires June 30, 2023.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student is a leading provider of school transportation services. We operate in 460 locations across the US and Canada, working with school districts to provide safe, reliable, and cost-effective transportation for five million students per school day. We employ more than 48,000 people and operate and maintain over 43,000 buses.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know.
Advertising Method: General Ad