Kitapinoonjiiminaanik Family Services is hiring a Live-In Caregiver! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
In search of live-in caregivers who are passionate about working in the child and youth care field. A live-in caregiver must be self-motivated, creative, organized, engaging, practical and ethical. If these descriptors apply to you, consider joining our team as a Live-in Caregiver at Kitapinoonjiiminaanik Family Services. The Agency Operated and Emergency Foster Homes System is designed to ensure that an adequate number of placement spaces are available for children of all ages who are in the care of the Agency. All agency operated and emergency homes must comply with the Ministry’s Foster Care Licensing. Kitapinoonjiiminaanik Family Services foster care program is for youth of all ages but focusing on younger children from infancy to adolescence. Travel, housing, food and all other associated costs are paid for by the agency and compensation rates are progressive.
Employer Name: Kitapinoonjiiminaanik Family Services
City: Grassy Narrows
Postal Code: P9N 1G4
Application Deadline: August 20th, 2022
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Build healthy relationships with youth in the residence by taking an interest in their lives, providing positive reinforcement for their behaviours, building their self-esteem, and negotiating focused goals
- Work with each youth to achieve personal goals set through their plan of care
- Maintain a safe environment which may include emergency procedures, crisis intervention and non-violent physical intervention techniques.
- Promote a friendly, supportive environment for co-operative living and conflict resolution skills.
- Support the preparation and delivery of therapeutic life skills including preparing and facilitating therapeutic, recreational, and cultural-based programming.
- Maintain logbook, client files, incident reports, and other reports.
- Provide leadership in building and sustaining effective service partnerships with the network of community services and community members.
- Bring energy, enthusiasm, and a genuine desire to improve the well-being of young people in care to the job.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Experience working with or raising children/youth.
- Demonstrated ability to create a homelike experience for youth.
- Valid CPR, First Aid, WHMIS, Food Handlers Certification, and unrestricted Drivers License are assets.
- Demonstrated ability to create and facilitate healthy activities in the home.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to be resilient, adaptable, and resourceful.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity to the intergenerational impacts of colonialism and residential schooling in Canadian indigenous communities.
- Successful candidates are responsible for providing a clear criminal reference check, vulnerable sector screening, clear driver’s abstract, up to date immunization record including proof of full Covid-19 vaccination, as well as a clear tuberculosis skin test.
- Familiarity with the Child and Family Services Act and Regulations, Customary Care and the philosophy of service delivery, First Nation communities, family structure, and local customs and traditions.
Note: For those who do not meet the prerequisites of the position, KFS will provide orientation, training, and support to fulfill the job requirements for those who are willing to commit to the process.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Submit resumes with cover letter quoting file #CG20220531 to:
Human Resources c/o Unit 209 – 308 Second St. S., P9N 1G4 Kenora, ON
Fax: (807) 468-7960 or by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All interviewees must be willing to provide a current Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers’ Abstract at time of interview.
Advertising Method: General Ad