Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) are looking for Maintenance Assistants! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients. We are currently seeking to hire five (5) temporary, full-time Maintenance Assistants for the summer located in Kenora (3), Sioux Lookout (1), and Red Lake/Ear Falls (1). Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Facilities and Operations Supervisor and Maintenance Coordinator, the Maintenance Assistant is responsible to provide direct support to the Facilities and Operations Supervisor and/or Facilities Technicians for the effective operation and maintenance of the asset management portfolio on a daily basis.
Employer Name: Kenora District Services Board
City: Kenora, Sioux Lookout, and Red Lake/Ear Falls
Application Deadline: April 20th, 2021 at 4:00pm
Hours of Work: Full- time, Summer
Job Type: Summer
Wages: The hourly wage for this position is $15.08 - $18.26 (wage subject to funding availability and whether the successful candidates are returning students).
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Assist with cleaning and maintaining common areas of apartment buildings including hallways, stairwells, entrances, lobbies, lounges, washrooms and storage areas. This includes general janitorial duties.
- Assist with timely turnaround of units. This includes cleaning out and disposing of debris/furnishings, stripping and waxing floors, washing windows and painting as requested.
- Assist where requested in general maintenance and repairs outlined in the daily work order system.
- Complete general grounds keeping as necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, lawn care, maintenance of flowers/hedges/trees, clearing debris, maintenance and repair of walkways and fences
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Ability to operate power driven and mechanical equipment including lawn mower, hedge trimmer.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks as described above (raking, planting flowers, etc.).
- Experience and/or familiarity completing the above tasks is beneficial.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- Enrolment in post-secondary studies, preferably in a related or complimentary field.
- A satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- A valid Ontario Class G Driver’s license is required.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number and the community you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities
Advertising Method: General Ad