Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care is hiring a Maintenance Helper! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Organizational Background: Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care is a new Not-For-Profit organization created by the Kenora Chiefs Advisory (KCA). Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care mission is to be a centre of excellence which delivers inclusive quality and culturally appropriate care to Elders and the citizens of Kenora and surrounding communities. Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care is a 96-bed Long-Term Care facility in Kenora, Ontario, with a “Heart” to serve our Elders and community members.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Helper participates in the provision of home maintenance.
Employer Name: Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care
Postal Code: P9N 2L3
Application Deadline: August 15th, 2022
Hours of Work: Full-Time Position (75 hours/bi-weekly)
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: Per existing collective agreement
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- General Home maintenance and property maintenance
- Accepting deliveries, ensuring they are correct and put away in storage.
- Identifies and maintains adequate inventory to facilitate timely repairs.
- Implements preventative maintenance.
- Checks and repairs resident equipment to ensure that they are safe on a weekly basis.
- Snow removal of all entrances; sand & salt sidewalks.
- Participates as an active member of the Joint Health & Safety Committee.
- Maintains work area in a clean, orderly, and safe manner and assures proper care in use of tools, equipment, and
- Ability to climb ladders in a safe manner while doing repairs
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships and provide sound decision-making
- Strong commitment to values and ethics, both personal and professional.
- Excellent skills in the following areas: computer, organization, networking, interpersonal, presentation and
communication (written & oral)
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to manage stress effectively.
- Ability to deal with confidential matters in a professional manner.
- 3-5 years relevant experience and/or knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, plumbing. Carpentry,
heating, and ventilation systems. Technical training in building maintenance is preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in building maintenance preferably in an institutional setting.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- High standard of personal conduct and self-discipline, both personally and professionally.
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check dated no later than 6 months from date of hire.
- Excellent organization, critical-thinking, problem-solving, and computer skills.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Knowledge of First Nations history, language, and culture an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as a Wiigwas Elders and Seniors team member.
- Proof of Full COVID 19 Vaccination and Influenza Vaccination
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please forward resume, cover letter and 3 references- including 1 professional reference, via email only, to:
Human Resource Department
Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care
237 Lakeview Drive
Kenora ON, P9N 4J7
Advertising Method: General Ad