Emcon Services is hiring a Maintenance Operator – Trainee! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Emcon Services Inc. is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor. We currently have an opportunity for enthusiastic individuals to join our team in the Kenora, Dryden or Emo work area.
Are you experience in truck operation? If no, then are you interested in learning a new trade or changing careers?
Do you have a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract?
Are you seeking on the job training for a DZ Highway Maintenance Operator?
Want to be part of an exciting fast paced work team?
We are seeking individuals who are new to industry, want to train and be trained for a new career, working outside, a variety of tasks from manual labor to equipment operation and the path to obtaining a DZ Operator license for operating Winter Highway Maintenance Equipment!
If you answered yes, we want you to join our team!
Employer Name: Emcon Services
Application Deadline: June 2nd, 2022
Hours of Work: Full-Time, Seasonal
Job Type: Seasonal
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
Reporting to the Road Superintendent, the Equipment Operator is responsible for:
- Carrying out all assigned routine/non–routine summer and winter highway maintenance operations and activities undertaken from designated patrol centers. Work assignments will include shift work and overtime as required.
- Performing activities such as roadside guiderail replacement, emergency responses, highway surface maintenance, right–of–way maintenance (fence repair, litter pick–up, grass cutting, shrub/tree maintenance, embankment repair, etc.), training in OTM Book 7 Traffic Control provided, highway patrolling, shoulder maintenance/grading, plowing, sanding/salting, drainage maintenance, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Willing to obtain a medical test, and work towards acquisition of a DZ Driver License within six(6) months of date of hire
- Positive Attitude to work and workplace safety
- Experience in Provincial and or Municipal highway maintenance field; Helpful, friendly and courteous with the public, regulatory agencies and peers;
- Punctual and willing to work shift work; willing to travel
- Physically able to meet all requirements and perform satisfactorily all highway maintenance and emergency assignments, working in a safe and environmentally friendly manner that also promotes cost effective operations, and staff co-operation.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment: satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract. Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Emcon Services Inc. will provide accommodation for individuals with accessibility needs.
Advertising Method: General Ad