Emcon Services Inc. are looking for a Winter Maintenance Operator! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
- Carrying out all assigned routine/non-routine highway maintenance operations and activities undertaken from designated patrol centers. Work assignments will include shift work and overtime as required;
- Performing activities such as plowing, sanding/sanding, traffic control, emergency responses, highway surface maintenance, rightofway maintenance (fence repair, litter pick-up, shrub/tree maintenance, embankment repair, etc.), highway patrolling, shoulder maintenance/grading, drainage maintenance, etc…;
- Completing/Assisting on minor vehicle and equipment maintenance;
- Participating in training program and mentorship to develop skills and learn additional equipment when needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum DZ license in good standing;
- Experience in Provincial and or Municipal highway maintenance field;
- Helpful, friendly and courteous with the public, regulatory agencies and peers;
- Punctual, reliable and willing to work shift work;
- Physically able to meet all requirements and perform satisfactorily all highway maintenance and emergency assignments, working in a safe and environmentally friendly manner that also promotes cost effective operations, and staff co-operation.
The role is a unionized role.
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment: Satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their resume and covering letter to: JRatthe@emconservices.ca
Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Emcon Services Inc. will provide accommodation for individuals with accessibility needs.