Birchwood Terrace is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor! for more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Candidates are invited to apply for the above full-time position to work at Birchwood Terrace a Southbridge Care Home, managed by Extendicare Assist. We are a 96 bed long-term care facility, located in Kenora, Ontario.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Maintenance Supervisor supervises the maintenance Helper (s) achieve high standards of cleanliness and sanitation, to provide and maintain a safe, well-functioning physical building. All within Extendicare’s policies and procedures, and all applicable standards, legislation and regulations.
Employer Name: Birchwood Terrace
Application Deadline: May 18th , 2021
Hours of Work: Full- Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Maintain all aspects of hiring and performance management of maintenance staff; scheduling.
- Supervision of contractors’ to ensure that contractors work in accordance with company standards
- Inventory management and control, including purchase of departmental supplies and equipment.
- Identifies and maintains adequate inventory to facilitate timely repairs
- Maintenance of departmental policy and procedure manuals; full participation in leadership team activities and responsibilities, including participation on teams and committees, and reporting.
- All aspects of departmental safety program supervision, including preventative maintenance, and repair of equipment.
- Implements preventative maintenance program including adherence with legislative monitoring standards
- Checks and repairs resident equipment to ensure that they are safe
- Participates as an active member of the health and safety team
- Maintains required records, reports, statistics etc. in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Maintains work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner and assures proper care in use of tools, equipment and supplies.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
3-5 years relevant experience and/or knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, plumbing, carpentry, heating and ventilation systems. Technical training in building maintenance is preferred.
1-2 years experience in building maintenance preferably in an institutional setting
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Carla Parth, Executive Director
Tel #807-468-8625 ext. 223, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
In Ontario, Extendicare, Para-Med Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Advertising Method: General Ad