Lake of the Woods District Hospital is hiring a Master Scheduler Assistant (FT Permanent)! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Why Work with LWDH? In this position, there are many benefits to joining our team:
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan enrolment, one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans that includes portability, inflation protections, survivor benefits, buyback options, and early retirement
- Desjardin Group Life Insurance coverage that includes life insurance, and short/long-term disability coverage
- Green Shield Canada extended health benefits for single and family including dental/orthodontic services, prescription, health services, vision, hospital accommodation, etc.
- Access to staff physiotherapy, onsite gym, Employee LifeWorks Program, staff wellness initiatives, and much more!
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you and you meet most of the essential qualifications we are looking for, we encourage you to apply and provide us more details about why you think you would be a great fit. We cannot make any promises, but we will consider your qualifications and the potential you bring. LWDH is dedicated to ongoing professional development and continuing education opportunities to enhance skillsets and working experience.
Employer Name: Lake of the Woods District Hospital
Postal Code: P9N 3W7
Application Deadline: Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Hours of Work: Full Time Permanent, 1.00 FTE
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: $50,015.60 to $52,801.99 annually
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
An exciting opportunity for a fast-paced, dynamic work experience as a master scheduler assistant, maintaining and coordinating the day-to-day schedule covering 24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation.
This individual will work within requirements set out by CUPE and ONA collective agreements and non- union business practices, scheduling guidelines and the specific staffing needs of departments. Schedules may cover more than one manager and multiple departments and multiple disciplines/skill types.
This position is the primary role responsible for timely addressing of changes to schedules daily. The master scheduler assistant maintains contact by software communications (eg. Softworks) telephone, email, voice mail and in person with employees and managers regarding shift changes, cancelled shifts, and replacement for sick or absent employees and making changes to schedules.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Completion of a Human Resources program (post-secondary diploma, degree etc.) an asset
- 1 to 2 years’ experience, including scheduling, HRIS, payroll, in a related health care environment
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Knowledge of human resource policies, procedures and demonstrated ability to interpret and consistently apply these
- Demonstrate ability in scheduling and familiarity with ONA, and multiple CUPE collective agreements
- Knowledge and skill in using various computer programs and specifically scheduling software (i.e Softworks, VirtuoMIS)
- Demonstrated proficiency in using MS Teams & Office software: MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Outlook, MS Word and Windows
- Keyboarding 35 wpm (subject to testing)
- Demonstrates high level of accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects of assigned work
- Demonstrated written/verbal communication, interpersonal and listening skills to deal respectfully and effectively with patients, families, health care team members, community agencies and a range of other health care contacts in a professional environment
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills. Ability to set priorities amongst multiple tasks and to work effectively in a busy environment with frequent interruptions to meet deadlines
- Understands and respects the health care confidentiality requirements associated with patient information and working within a hospital environment
- Demonstrated ability to contribute effectively and co-operatively in a team environment and with various services within the hospital environment
- Ability to apply knowledge of relevant guidelines, policies, procedures, and/or processes as required for the role. Seeks direction when appropriate
- Demonstrated adaptability, flexibility and the ability to learn and grow knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated initiative in taking appropriate actions to resolve problems within the context of the job requirements
- Works in a seated position for requiring focused attention in using computers, keyboarding, multiple screens etc.
- Ability to work independently
- Reliable attendance record
- Knowledge of First Nations culture an asset
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
The LWDH is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves, and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
Advertising Method: General Ad