Lake of the Woods District Hospital is looking for a Maternity Registered Nurse (Part-time Interim 0.50 FTE)! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Are you looking for a dynamic nursing specialty career opportunity? Do you like the idea of thinking on your feet in fast-paced environments? As a RN working in the Maternity Department at Lake of the Woods District Hospital (LWDH) you will have the opportunity to assist patients as they enter the world of parenthood and to share in milestones and the excitement that parents bring to the unit! When working on this unit you are an integral member of a team who provides hands-on care.
Additionally, you relish the opportunity to build rapport with patients and families and exercise excellent communication skills including but not limited to teaching breastfeeding techniques etc.
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Certification in BCLS and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re certification
- Certification in Blood Glucose Monitoring and demonstrated continuing competence in BGM through annual recertification
- Certification in IV Therapy with demonstrated ongoing competence
- Current certification in NRP (was NALS) and demonstrated continuing competence through bi annual recertification
- Current course in fetal monitoring
- Current course in breastfeeding techniques
- Maternity experience in the past 12 months
- Ability to function independently in labour/delivery/postpartum/nursery setting • Knowledge of First Nations culture an asset
- Reliable attendance record
Please apply through the online application process viahttps://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
The LWDH is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861