Lake of the Woods District Hospital is hiring a Medical Laboratory Assistant (FT Permanent)! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Why Work with LWDH? In this position, there are many benefits to joining our team:
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan enrolment, one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans that includes portability, inflation protections, survivor benefits, buyback options, and early retirement
- Desjardin Group Life Insurance coverage that includes life insurance, and short/long-term disability coverage
- Green Shield Canada extended health benefits for single and family including dental services, prescription, health services, vision, hospital accommodation, etc.
- Access to staff physiotherapy, onsite gym, Employee LifeWorks Program, staff wellness initiatives, and much more!
Employer Name: Lake of the Woods District Hospital
Postal Code: P9N 3W7
Application Deadline: January 31st, 2023
Hours of Work: Full Time Permanent (1.00 FTE), Extended shifts (12 hours) include days, nights, weekends and holidays. Subject to change as per operational requirements
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: $27.5800 to $29.6400 per hour as per CUPE LOCAL 3634 Collective Agreement
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
The Medical Laboratory Assistant contributes to the overall efficiency of Lab Medicine by ensuring effective patient focused care. This position is primarily responsible for performing laboratory tests not requiring assessment or interpretation, blood collection from patients, preparing samples for analysis and maintaining laboratory equipment.
Under the direction/supervision of a qualified Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT), the Lab Assistant works in collaboration with hospital systems to provide optimal patient-centered care while obtaining blood. They demonstrate compassion and prioritize care for patients and ensure each patient’s needs are met in a timely manner.
The clerical, technical and quality assurance responsibilities of this position include positive patient identification, procuring specimens, accessioning samples, preparing specimens for analysis or referral, storing and disposing of specimens, maintaining records and observing principle of data security and patient confidentiality.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Medical Laboratory Assistant/Assistant Diploma required
- Phlebotomy training and recent phlebotomy experience required
- Experience with processing specimens, operating laboratory instruments preferred
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in current laboratory procedures
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of a
- multicultural community and diverse population
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently and part of a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize tasks/responsibilities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Reliable attendance record
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
Advertising Method: General Ad