Lake of the Woods District Hospital are looking for a Medical Laboratory Assistant (MLA)! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Medical Laboratory Assistant contributes to the overall efficiency of Lab Medicine by ensuring effective patient focused care. This position is primarily responsible for performing laboratory tests not requiring assessment or interpretation, blood collection from patients, preparing samples for analysis and maintaining laboratory equipment.
Under the direction/supervision of a qualified Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT), the Lab Assistant works in collaboration with hospital systems to provide optimal patient-centered care while obtaining blood. They demonstrate compassion and prioritize care for patients and ensure each patient’s needs are met in a timely manner.
The clerical, technical and quality assurance responsibilities of this position include positive patient identification, procuring specimens, accessioning samples, preparing specimens for analysis or referral, storing and disposing of specimens, maintaining records and observing principle of data security and patient confidentiality.
- Medical Laboratory Assistant/Assistant Diploma required
- Phlebotomy training and recent phlebotomy experience required
- Experience with processing specimens, operating laboratory instruments preferred
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in current laboratory procedures
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of a multicultural community and diverse population
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently and part of a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize tasks/responsibilities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Reliable attendance record
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdhinternal.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position. Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement.
Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications. The LWDH is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are
available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861