Lake of the Woods District Hospital is hiring Mental Health Addictions Nurse Practitioners! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Why Work with LWDH? As a Nurse Practitioner, there are many benefits to joining our team:
- Health Care Providers (HCP) Group Insurance Plan Benefits for part-time/casual/interim staff that includes health and dental benefits, and life insurance, long-term disability benefits (LTD), accidental death, disease and dismemberment (ADD&D)
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan enrolment, one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans that includes portability, inflation protections, survivor benefits, buyback options, and early retirement
- In-house training opportunities to enhance skillset and learn specialty areas
- Various incentives: new grad initiatives, tuition reimbursement for underserviced areas, tuition forgiveness for nurses (federal student loan repayment)
- Access to staff physiotherapy, onsite gym, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), staff wellness initiatives, and much more!
Employer Name: Lake of the Woods District Hospital
Postal Code: P9N 3W7
Application Deadline: December 16th, 2022
Hours of Work: (1) Full Time Interim (1.00 FTE), (1) Part Time Permanent (0.50 FTE)
Job Type: Various Hours
Wages: $58.23 to $61.77 per hour as per ONA Collective Agreement
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
Under the leadership of the Manager of Morningstar Centre or designate, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible for the delivery of comprehensive health services which include withdrawal management/harm reduction and primary care, in combination with health promotion, illness prevention, rehabilitation and support services in addiction and mental health. Key responsibilities include working with internal and external stakeholders to initiate withdrawal management protocols and harm reduction treatments. The NP will also assess disposition after immediate or crisis care.
The NP position will improve access to specialized treatment for Morningstar Centre Withdrawal Management Centre, RAAM and MECCA through the provision of comprehensive, specialized and advanced assessment, diagnosis and prescribing of medication for people with substance use disorder. They will collaborate in the transfer of care of individuals who have stabilized within withdrawal management program to primary care physicians for ongoing maintenance and support or support primary care for those who do not have a primary care provider. The NP will promote positive health for individuals and communities at the individual, organizational, and community levels.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- A minimum BSCN, Primary Health Care NP (PHCNP) Certificate with RNEC designation with the college of nurses
- Experience with and trained in Opiate Replacement Therapy
- Experience in primary care settings (community-based preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with providing care at all stages of substance use from intoxication through withdrawal, and maintenance for all commonly abused substances
- Minimum of two (2) years recent (within last 5 years) NP experience in a Mental Health and Addictions setting preferred
- Experience in and knowledge of harm reduction techniques
- Knowledge of determinants of health theory and its application to client care
- Experience, knowledge and respect in the application of harm reduction and determinants of health theory and practice approaches to client care and engagement in promoting health & supporting recovery.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in current nursing procedures, nursing assessment, physical assessment and treatment measures
- Current certification in BLS and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
- Knowledge and experience with providing care at all stages of substance use from intoxication through withdrawal, and maintenance for all commonly abused substances (alcohol, opioids, nicotine, marijuana, and cocaine).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated effective teaching skills
- Ability to approach client care through active engagement while promoting health and recovery
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to approach multicultural community and diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Reliable attendance record
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
Advertising Method: General Ad